crazy stuff

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Allan R

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:30 pm
It's not hard to see what a fame hungry dickhead Musk is, especially after that stupid stunt creating space junk to advertise his cars.

Maybe he should use his money to clean up the plastic raft in the Pacific which now covers an area twice the size of Texas.
u dont really believe he put a car in space do u!! :lol: :shock:
ShaunWhite

Allan R wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:05 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:30 pm
It's not hard to see what a fame hungry dickhead Musk is, especially after that stupid stunt creating space junk to advertise his cars.
u dont really believe he put a car in space do u!! :lol: :shock:
Why don't 'u' believe it? Is it because the earth in the background was round?

So what do you think the payload, or testload in this case, was?
ShaunWhite

Happy Earth Overshoot Day everyone ! :cry:

Aug 1 and we've already used this year's annual biocapacity.

https://www.overshootday.org/about-earth-overshoot-day/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gutuami

Euler

That is crazy, but it shows how the brain creates the world around us rather than reflecting it.
Jukebox

It is a peculiarity that the more worldly we become the more easily we can be fooled if that worldliness can be used against us. I've heard slight of hand magicians talk of the movement cues they put into their acts that are lost on those too young to make the assumptions that an adult would.
Derek27

Amazing!
Kafkaesque

Nice one. It reminded me of this one, which I find a bit relevant to people trying to keep their eye on the ball while trading:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGQmdoK_ZfY

I first saw it on a Derren Brown years ago. Despite trying me level best to remain sceptical, I find his stuff fantastic. While searching for the above in a Derren Brown version Youtube threw out this one, which I found quite interesting in our common context. Even if it is a bit long-winded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuRGzZAk7S4
CallumPerry

About a month ago I got distracted in the evening (when I should have been doing some marking) and watched hours of Derren Brown's stuff. The man is a genius and presents his shows in such fascinating and wonderful ways. I love how he firstly announces it is all just trickery and there's no such thing as magic but by the end, even though himself and you are both sceptics/non-believers the only logical answer to how he did some things is he is a magician; just must be.

Contains some really good psychology concepts that made me convince myself that watching hours would in turn help me with some of my trading ideas :lol: Any excuse.
Strela_999

Real estate companies using virtual reality to advertise WIPs : https://blogs.cornell.edu/react/2018/09 ... s-with-vr/ : I'm glad we're finally stepping into the future, because 2000 felt way too much like 1999 to my sci-fi loving tastes :lol: anyways, it's great that VR is being used in an increasingly wide array of fields, because so far it was mostly a gaming thing, and it will help bring the prices down and popularise the technology.
ShaunWhite

Strela_999 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:57 am
it will help bring the prices down and popularise the technology.
The Google Cardboard...£1.99 (although it does look like it's from 1950 rather than 2050)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jukebox

When the salesman, using vr goggles, shows the mrs how her kitchen will look if we give him 50k I'll ask if she couldn't just wear the goggles while she's cooking.
ShaunWhite

Jukebox wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:18 pm
When the salesman, using vr goggles, shows the mrs how her kitchen will look if we give him 50k I'll ask if she couldn't just wear the goggles while she's cooking.
:lol: and if she gets a vr kitchen, maybe you can have a vr mrs.
CallumPerry

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:11 pm
Jukebox wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:18 pm
:lol: and if she gets a vr kitchen, maybe you can have a vr mrs.
And therefore vr food. I think you should definitely try the line and tell us what she says ;) don't be scared of her.
Derek27

Kafkaesque wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:36 pm
Nice one. It reminded me of this one, which I find a bit relevant to people trying to keep their eye on the ball while trading:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGQmdoK_ZfY

I first saw it on a Derren Brown years ago. Despite trying me level best to remain sceptical, I find his stuff fantastic. While searching for the above in a Derren Brown version Youtube threw out this one, which I found quite interesting in our common context. Even if it is a bit long-winded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuRGzZAk7S4
:lol: A mate of mine that was done for drinking and driving and had to attend a drink awareness course told me about the video, so I noticed the gorilla, think I noticed one of the girls leave the game, but didn't notice the curtain change colour.

Return to “Chill Out Area”