Anyone read any good books?

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Matt

I'm currently reading Technical Analysis for Dummies at the moment but could do with ordering something else for when that's finished.

Can anyone recommend a good book that they've read which they found helpful?
bugrit

I highly recommend both books by Mark Douglas,
The Disciplined Trader and Trading in The Zone, very good for helping you develope the right trading mindset.
darkpunter

I've found "The New Market Wizards" by Jack D. Schwager gives a very good insight into the mind of a successful trader and have taken some good stuff from it.
afropunk

After reading 'The Psychology of Trading' by Brett N. Steenbarger I never really looked at trading the same way again. Its focus is primarily on attaining the right mindset. In my experience, I can safely say its £30 very well spent.
TheRiddler

Enemy Number One by patrick veitch is a good book although its more about mindset of punting than trading although both are intrinsically linked.
aligammack

If you want to save some money or you live in a country where it is very hard to find books in English (as I do) then the website investopedia.com has some great articles that can be printed out.
Matt

Just ordered Trading in the Zone. :)
Max

currently reading 'come into my trading room'.by
Dr Alexander Elder.
10/10
PaddyOdoors

The Bourne Identity. great book.

not much chop for trading though
jgreen

Ive just ordered trading in the zone, seems like a popular choice.
PeterLe

TheRiddler wrote:Enemy Number One by patrick veitch is a good book although its more about mindset of punting than trading although both are intrinsically linked.
I missed this post the first time around..
I'm just half way through this book...there are some interesting points in there that makes you think...and also (for people like me, who dont know very much about horse racing in general), the external influences on market prices etc...
Overall a bloody good read! (Cheap on Amazon too)

regards
Peter
PS When you read this and you see the stakes/profit involved, it made me think that I'm just playing at this!! He's making as much in a month as I'm likely to make in a lifetime, maybe I should throw caution to the wind a little...(calculated risk of course! :) )
Iron

For financial market trading, I'd recommend a book called Trading Chaos (2nd edition - I don't recommend the first edition!).

It contains good technical info on how to trade, as well as exercises to help get you get the most out of your mind (including this one: http://www.highlysensitivesouls.com/art ... gpages.htm).

If you want to get the most out of your mind, I'd recommend this book (even though it has nothing to do with trading): The Three Minute Meditator by David Harp. Its techniques have the power to change your life.

Jeff
Matt wrote:I'm currently reading Technical Analysis for Dummies at the moment but could do with ordering something else for when that's finished.

Can anyone recommend a good book that they've read which they found helpful?
CaerMyrddin

I read 'The disciplined trader' and must say it had a great impact on my trading style and discipline.

I got 'Trading in the Zone' and will be reading it during vacation (one week away :D ).
willooo

In my view anyone pursuing an income/career in the markets, be they financial, sports or any other, should read "Fooled By Randomness" by Nicholas Taleeb (hope I spelt his name right).

It won't teach you how to trade but it will open your eyes to how we can be (and most are) sucked into thinking we have cracked something when really we are just outliers in a probability distribution.

It's a must read and will keep you grounded.

Cheers
DaveA2004

Mastering Betfair by Pete Nordsted (Harriman House). Doesn't cover horse racing but very good on tennis and pre-match footy.

Return to “Chill Out Area”