Excel Spreadsheet Error

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
RonObvious

Hi,

I've tried to connect the BA excel template to Guardian but the connect box is greyed out. When I try to open the workbook I get the attached message box. Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Looks like you need to repair/reinstall Excel as it's not registered in Windows properly.
RonObvious

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:56 pm
Looks like you need to repair/reinstall Excel as it's not registered in Windows properly.
Hi,

I've completely uninstalled Office and reinstalled it but I'm having the same problem so can't be an Excel problem?

I thought there might be some conflict between the new beta version of BA and connecting an Excel file so tried an uninstall of BA. When I reinstalled BA however I got the messages below. I've reinstalled both the BEta and the previous version of BA but get the same pop ups for both.

I can close these windows and BA works fine, also Excel works fine but I still cant connect a spreadsheet to BA so I'm guessing the 2 problems must be linked?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Which version of Excel are you using? The full version number would be useful (usually displayed in Excel's About box).

Also are you based in the UK, with UK regional settings in Windows and a UK version of Excel ?
RonObvious

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:59 pm
Which version of Excel are you using? The full version number would be useful (usually displayed in Excel's About box).

Also are you based in the UK, with UK regional settings in Windows and a UK version of Excel ?

Yes to both.

Office 365, Excel Version 1808 (Build 10730.20102) 64-bit
ShaunWhite

You might want to try running something like CCleaner ?

It's got a good registry cleaner and gets rid of the junk references some uninstalls leave behind. These can sometimes cause issues that are hard to shift even if you re-install over the top. It's got it's own uninstaller too, so maybe uninstall, clean the registry (sometimes takes a couple of passes) and then re-install. I've used it for years and it often sorts wierd driver problems out.

The free version has all you need. Worth a try.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

If you are given the option during installation, try installing the 32bit version of Excel. We had a support query a while ago where the 64bit version refused to start on a PC, but the 32bit version worked fine.
RonObvious

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:46 am
You might want to try running something like CCleaner ?
Thanks Shaun, I have CCleaner downloaded and tried it but it didn't work.

Nothing I tried worked so I bit the bullet and done a full Windows reinstall. Everything is working fine now, I'm able to connect Excel to Bet Angel so all good. One massive negative though, I forgot to copy my BA files and settings before doing the reinstall, rookie error! Looks like I'll be spending all day Sunday redoing my settings and servants 😣

Thanks to Dallas and Shaun for the responses though, you guys really are 2 of the stars of this forum, which i think is underrated. Its great knowing there are always people willing to help when I mess up! :D

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”