Excel auto-binding issue

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
karnage

hi there
I have a spreadsheet that BA writes stuff into, but when the next horse race begins, the binding for my Excel worksheet doesnt apply to the new race.

See attached files, you'll notice that in screenshot 2 its a different race but despite the auto-bind tick box being ticked, the new race being shown in Bet Angel isn't outputting to my Excel worksheet "Bet Angel".
BA screenshot 1.JPG
BA screenshot 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Have you got multiple worksheets in your workbook named Bet Angel, Bet Angel 1, BetAngel 2 etc?
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/gua ... 3D&mw=MzIw
karnage

No, I have one worksheet named "Bet Angel" and I only want to grab data from a single market at a time.
It seems to switch to a new market without putting the Bet Angel sheet name in the Excel column in Guardian. I'm not sure whats going on.
soopahorses

The auto-bind function will automatically bind the list of markets to the list of Bet Angel tabs you have.

E.g. if you have 5 markets in Guardian but only 1 Bet Angel tab in Excel then only the 1st market will bind. If you have 5 markets in Guardian and 5 Bet Angel tabs in Excel then it will bind each market to the next available Bet Angel tab.

If you onlu want to load 1 market at a time and have it switch automatically to the next market that you have listed in Guardian then I would suggest the following:

1. Load your markets into Guardian
2. Set Guardian to automatically switch the markets at your desired time (e.g. 10 seconds before the off)
3. In the main Bet Angel program click on the 'Excel' tab and load the BA Single spreadsheet and connect to it

What this will do is automatically switch the market x amount of seconds before the off and load that market into your single Bet Angel tab in Excel.

A word of caution however:

If two races start very close to one another or a race takes longer than expected to start, the second race could load into your Bet Angel tab before you're first race has finished.
mandymoozle

I have a similar issue. I am trying to get the auto bind function to work but it doesn't seem to do anything. as per the attached image I have connected to the excel file and have named the individual tabs bet angel 1, 2 etc. Any ideas ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mandymoozle

slight update. I had loaded the markets before opening the xls. By deleting the markets and then adding them after opening the excel sheet I was able to get some of the markets to auto bind but only 1 of every 3 or so (see attached screenshot). very random. Any ideas why it is part working ?
MemphisFlash

what you need to do is go into the automation tab and untick restrict refresh. then load and connect your excel sheet. once that is done then go back to the automation tab and restrict the refresh again should you wish to do that
Last edited by MemphisFlash on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mandymoozle

that is so helpful, thanks for that. I thought that approach might mean the prices would feed through to the xls and start betting before i want them to but as long as i dont select the connect option until after i have put the restrict refresh option back on then it works.

Thanks again
MemphisFlash

your welcome. :D
gstar1975

To save on CPU useage I would like to clear Excel binding once the race goes inplay, how can I do that?

Would I set an automation rule to do this?
Derek27

gstar1975 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:25 pm
To save on CPU useage I would like to clear Excel binding once the race goes inplay, how can I do that?

Would I set an automation rule to do this?
If you're using VBA within your Excel sheet, you can use the BA API to remove the market from Guardian if you've finished with it. Not sure if you can unbind it from Excel without removing it.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”