How to record Win or Lose of selected Horse

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
darren106

Hello.

I have developed a profitable strategy that I am now trying to automate, can you help me.

I trade one selection from each UK meeting and need to record did the previous horse will or lose so that the next stage of the the staking plan can come into action.

I know Betfair do not provide details of Win or Lose but can Bet Angel detect a winner by the odds for example, and if so how do I capture this so I can add as a simple W or L on my spreadsheet.

Thank You Ian.
ArticalBadboy

I would also like to know how to do this.
Thanks
MemphisFlash

sounds like Martingale again.
ArticalBadboy

...I just want to anaylse my daily automation.
melvidge

There may be a simpler way, in which case I'm sure Dallas will advise - but meanwhile, this is what I do..

If for example I want to monitor the win/lose outcome of the first three horses (in order of favoritism) - then I simply create separate rules for each. To monitor the win outcome, I use the 'Set / Modify Signal' rule, under the General tab, then in conditions - set to fixed odds (Current Selection - Back Price) of back 'equal to' 1.01, and then from the signals tab, for selection (rater than the market) enter a descriptive signal, for the 'Selection' such as "Winner", and leave the value at '1'.

Then I repeat the process (clone the first rule, using the split green arrow) with another rule for the second - but this time, select '2' in order of favoritism, (or Betfair order, etc., - whatever you prefer) - and, at the signal tab, change the value to '2'. Repeat the process for as many positions as you would like to monitor.

Remember to tick the 'note signal in log' option', and have the timer set to include the race end - e.g. 10 minutes.

And the result is something like this..

Automation Signal for Ocala: Winner = 2

You could of course cover all positions, which is a bit lengthy, but cloning, and just changing the 'position value' and matching signal value (the latter is not essential - as the winners name will be listed, regardless - but it shows the SP position), doesnt take more than a few minutes.

Of Course if you just want the name of the winning horse - then you only need one rule - the same as described above - but instead of setting a position preference within the general tab - just set it to 'Any' - and that will give you the winning horses name in the log.
ArticalBadboy

Thanks Melvidge, for a helpful and thorough reply.
Yes, this is what I do at the moment...and it works well apart from the rare occasion when a photo finish creates more than one 1.01!
I just wondered if there was a more elegant solution built into BetAngel.
Regards

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”