Baf file amended error message

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Dr Ginhog

Hi
I was using excel to batch amend a generic baf file which i converted to RACE1.txt,RACE2.txt,RACE3.txt etc. The advantage being that you can then amend individual race files for say trigger time near race end for different race distances. I had no problem amending before externally using wordpad but on this occasion importing to excel as a TXT file seemsedto create the incompatibility.
BTW I batch renamed all the Txt files as Baf files in Dos via the command Prompt.

The error message was
""The BAF file was created by another version of Betangel...""
Is there any solution to this.?. should I have selected another type of file for the excel import?
Dr Ginhog

That error message did not appear again thankfully but it is worth mentioning If anybody is interested that I came across a fantastic add on utility for excel called ASAP available on trial which can be a major league timesaver
One of its many utilities allows you to
- Import a generic baf file into a blank sheet as "txt" in excel (it even atomically invokes delimiter function so as to untab the sheet for compatibility as a baf)
- make an index sheet in which you can make an easy list of all the names of multiple sheets you want from the generic file. (can be done in seconds by concatenating Cols)
- another utility allows you (while the list is highlighted from index sheet) to make multiple copies of the generic sheet adding the "listed names"
- another allows you to export the listed files which you tick/untick from list of all sheets
- and to top it all you are allowed to give your preferred extension (baf of course)
It was quite extraordinary to find exactly what i wanted and I was able to make a list of files with RACE15f,RACE26f,RACE37f .. RACE4m1f etc names on them and export to the baf directory C:users.......YOURFOLDERNAME...appdata.......roaming......Betangel.......BAP....automation
Dr Ginhog

Forgot to mention two things the files imported into the automation folder are visible in guardian only after a logout/login and the files
you create can be easily group edited in excel by highlighting them with click first sheet-shift -click last then Group and one edit of a sheet does all.
Hmm my guardian angel must have helped me find that utility!!!
MugPunter

Hi, I'm interested in editing my BAF files directly. What is a generic BAF file, how are they structured? When I open these files in a text editor, Im unable to workout exactly what is what. Can you please supply some info?

Thanks,
Matt
MemphisFlash

there is no generic baf file!

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”