Cost effective Excel / VBA developer available

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Dadders

Is Nigel still active?
I have tried to contact him quite a few times and never heard anything back.
bencole2004

Hi Nigel

Are you still doing the Excel/VBA as I have a project I'd like to undertake but my coding experience is very beginner at the best and I think it might be a little beyond my capabilities, hence I'd like to know what I'm looking at for a project cost. my emal should you wish to speak to me is [email protected]

Thanks in advance

Ben
bencole2004

If Nigel is not available then I guess I'll start with google and see where my coding gets me! :lol:
sa7med

bencole2004 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:53 am
If Nigel is not available then I guess I'll start with google and see where my coding gets me! :lol:
That's a good idea. That's how I started and now I can actually code! It's immensely rewarding and easier than you might think - once you get over a few initial hurdles. Good luck!
Naffman

bencole2004 wrote:
I had a few emails with him as I wanted something doing then he just lost contact
ShaunWhite

bencole2004 wrote:
Find a structured course and stick to it...even through the boring bits and don't skimp on the end of module tests. :) They're often free, and Udemy for one, is a well regarded source of quality courses. It's much easier to learn that way than watching or reading random how-tos. It'll only take a couple of months and you'll be doing all sorts. You won't regret it.
bencole2004

Thanks for the support guys. I'm all signed up and now have a slightly different road ahead to becomming a successful trader but you've got to love the diversity of starting a trading journey as you really do not know where it will take you. Any tips on which courses/languages I should begin with? Javascript, Python etc... :D
mcgoo

bencole2004 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:59 am
Thanks for the support guys. I'm all signed up and now have a slightly different road ahead to becomming a successful trader but you've got to love the diversity of starting a trading journey as you really do not know where it will take you. Any tips on which courses/languages I should begin with? Javascript, Python etc... :D
Can validate what Shaun is saying as I am teaching myself C#. After a week or 2 I wrote a game for my young daughter which asks basic addition questions and gives her a score which increases as decreases as she gets answers right or wrong. It changes font colour, mentions her by name and uses a random number gen. She loves it and so I felt like I had arrived (finally! ) :ugeek: :lol: :lol:
From what I have read on this forum Python/C# are the go but I'll leave that to the pro's.Good luck :D
Edit: PS I am nearly 50 :) so if I can get this far anyone can
StefanBelo

Naffman wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:56 pm
bencole2004 wrote:
I had a few emails with him as I wanted something doing then he just lost contact
I have got some skills in programming bots. If you want to do anything, contact me:

[email protected]
ShaunWhite

mcgoo wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:49 am
From what I have read on this forum Python/C# are the go but I'll leave that to the pro's.Good luck :D
:D good for you mcgoo.... I went for c# too, and I'm the wrong side of 50 (but I choose to only count adult years these days, 36 feels more appropriate). We might be slightly older dogs but it's never too later to learn some new tricks.

I think our generation especially appreciate the opportunity free info on the internet gives you having grown up without it. It also helps if you grew up on Mecanno and got used to making cool stuff from a box of simple parts. :) That's pretty much all coding is.
mcgoo

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:25 pm
mcgoo wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:49 am
:D good for you mcgoo.... I went for c# too, and I'm the wrong side of 50 (but I choose to only count adult years these days, 36 feels more appropriate). We might be slightly older dogs but it's never too later to learn some new tricks.

I think our generation especially appreciate the opportunity free info on the internet gives you having grown up without it. It also helps if you grew up on Mecanno and got used to making cool stuff from a box of simple parts. :) That's pretty much all coding is.
Cheers Shaun.Yeah old dog me for sure.Not sure if I'll ever crack this trading thing but have enjoyed the journey.Learning coding is gonna be a long term thing but I enjoy that too.The amount of information online is staggering indeed. Always loved tinkering so will see how this old doggie goes :D
Derek27

Nothing stops you from learning a programming language in your fifties, but I certainly don't have the enthusiasm to learn one that I did when I was 16!
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:01 am
Nothing stops you from learning a programming language in your fifties, but I certainly don't have the enthusiasm to learn one that I did when I was 16!
They're a lot harder now too, reference guides used to be about 50 pages, widely spaced and 10 of those were blank for 'Notes'. Now the glossary is that big, if you can find one. I spent half my time trying to find out what something meant, only to find out it's just a fancy new name for something I already knew.
formguidefred

Hi Nigel, interested to see if you’re available to prepare an excel sheet. Can I make direct contact with details? Thanks
Travy89

Very interested if you are available, or if anyone else is able to help with my enquiries.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”