Excel odds update query

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Gamblor

Hi everyone,

I've downloaded BA for a trial and read through the Excel section and watched the videos, but can't seem to find the answer to what I am looking for.

I want to put up a lay price for every horse, that is dynamic and changes as the market changes. However I couldn't work out how to have the lay price change automatically as my lay price changed in the Odds cell (column M).

Am I missing something very straight forward here?

Thanks
Gamblor

Just to clarify my post above: What I need is for the odds I am offering to change to as the price changes in column L. As it stands now nothing changes once it has been offered at the price it was initially. As the market changes I want my lay price to change too. Is the only way to cancel all the unmatched ones and LAY again?
nigelk

You could use a formula so that the price changes automatically
Gamblor

nigelk wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:08 am
You could use a formula so that the price changes automatically
Yes that’s what I am doing - my odds being offered change automatically as the market moves around but this doesn’t change the odds I am offering to Betfair. They stay at what they were when t first activated
nigelk

my odds being offered change automatically
but this doesn’t change the odds I am offering
Not sure what you mean, can you post an example?
Gamblor

OK, so my odds formula for runner 1 says:

=if(G9="","",min(G9,AR9*0.95))

where AR9 is a different price from my own work.

So it's dynamic, it'll be changing quite regularly close to race time. However, as it changes in cell M9, the price is not updating in the Betangel API, and therefore not updating on Betfair.

Example:

I fire off a LAY on horse 1 at $4.50 for $10. It is lodged and unmatched. The market changes and now my cell M9 says $4.60 as the odds to lay - however the odds I am offering in the API and therefore on Betfair are still at $4.50.

How do I get these odds to be updated as my excel sheet changes?
ODPaul82

Maybe set your bet up to be a fill or kill bet so that the original bet if not matched will then be disposed of and you can put a new order into the market, comparing against G9 against T10. Also check the count on the number of matched bets in AB10
Gamblor

There’s no way to just have it update whenever the odds change in the spreadsheet?
ShaunWhite

Gamblor wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:56 am
There’s no way to just have it update whenever the odds change in the spreadsheet?
Do it with vba. The simplistic way would be to create a second sheet from the data in the one linked to BA and then you'll have full control of what appears on it and when.
Gamblor

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:41 pm
Gamblor wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:56 am
Do it with vba. The simplistic way would be to create a second sheet from the data in the one linked to BA and then you'll have full control of what appears on it and when
Except if there’s no command to have the odds offered automatically updating when the odds in my spreadsheet change, then my only VB option will be to call macros based on time, right? So call a lay macro, then call a cancel_all macro say 10 seconds later, then call The lay macro again, then a cancel_all 10 seconds later, and so on?

Shouldn’t there really be a function in BA that automatically updates dynamic prices?
MemphisFlash

why don't you try adding a % increase to the original odds at G9.
something like =if(G9+10%)(you fill in the rest) then it will dynamically do what you want
Gamblor

MemphisFlash wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:28 pm
why don't you try adding a % increase to the original odds at G9.
something like =if(G9+10%)(you fill in the rest) then it will dynamically do what you want
Yeah but I'm not sure how that achieves what I mean. Even as my odds change with a formula like that, they won't update in betfair unless I remove the STATUS information, as far as I can see, and if I do that it'll place a new bet, meaning I have two lays.

What I am hoping is there is a function which will continually update the price I am offering as the ODDS figure changes on my spreadsheet.
ShaunWhite

One thing you could do would be to check the price every x seconds and cancel /place a new bet if the price has changed. You'll need some vba to achieve that. If you move it every time the price changes you might run into transaction charges, you'd certainly risk timing issues like trying to cancel bets before they'd been recognised by BF.

I'm not 100% sure what you plan to do but I may have done something similar just using Guardian.

First it checked the market vol and time since last unsuspend.
If OK it placed an order n ticks away from current.
Every n seconds it checked the price.
If the market had moved away, the order was immediately cancelled and repositioned closer, but keeping its preset distance.
If the price moved towards my order it started a timer and after n seconds would it cancel then repositioned the order.

I needed it to tolerate some stepping towards my order otherwise it rarely got filled but I wanted to maintain a maximum distance.

If the order was taken it would green up after n seconds, do a check point reset, and start all over again.
Extra green up before the off to be safe as std.

It was a crude spike catcher but I found it didn't yield enough to have one of my BF accounts tied up (and a 2nd BA subscription) so it was shelved. It also only worked one side but the newish BA price dependant cancel feature might mean that I'll revisit it and do both sides.....but probably not.

It's surprising what you can do with Guardian signals.
Gamblor

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:26 am
One thing you could do would be to check the price every x seconds and cancel /place a new bet if the price has changed. You'll need some vba to achieve that. If you move it every time the price changes you might run into transaction charges, you'd certainly risk timing issues like trying to cancel bets before they'd been recognised by BF.

I'm not 100% sure what you plan to do but I may have done something similar just using Guardian.

First it checked the market vol and time since last unsuspend.
If OK it placed an order n ticks away from current.
Every n seconds it checked the price.
If the market had moved away, the order was immediately cancelled and repositioned closer, but keeping its preset distance.
If the price moved towards my order it started a timer and after n seconds would it cancel then repositioned the order.

I needed it to tolerate some stepping towards my order otherwise it rarely got filled but I wanted to maintain a maximum distance.

If the order was taken it would green up after n seconds, do a check point reset, and start all over again.
Extra green up before the off to be safe as std.

It was a crude spike catcher but I found it didn't yield enough to have one of my BF accounts tied up (and a 2nd BA subscription) so it was shelved. It also only worked one side but the newish BA price dependant cancel feature might mean that I'll revisit it and do both sides.....but probably not.

It's surprising what you can do with Guardian signals.
OK, yes, thanks for that.

I haven't read the manual on the Guardian features as yet, I have to get to that part. I'll continue reading and see if there's options there.

You're right about the multiple / too frequent transactions though, in fact I'd probably only want it to adjust my price offered every 10 seconds or so. In that respect I can write VB code to do it, I was just hoping there was maybe an inbuilt function to do it.

I'll create a sheet to try it out, and see what problems I run into, and in the meantime continue reading about Guardian.

Thanks
ShaunWhite

Just watch out for Using Practice Mode Responsibly & Avoid Betfair Restrictions if you're using practice mode to test your stuff.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”