Excel coding tuition.

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
parbynat

Can someone recommend a free online course that would give me a good footing to get into the type of coding used in the spreadsheets?
Parbynat
sa7med

I got my start on this wiseowl tutorial then it was all googling from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHO5NIc ... _gFMnpxTN5
spreadbetting

I guess it depends on why you want to learn excel coding in the first place, if it's only to bet with I'd say start looking at examples on sites like these and ask questions when you want to do things. For betting sheets the reality is you need to know so little as you're not doing anything really complicated so doing an online course will teach so much useless information.

I simply started by trying to decode other peoples examples they'd stuck up and if I need to do something that wasn't there I'd ask on http://www.vbaexpress.com , I'm sure there's loads of excel forums I just used that because it was the first one I found and always got what I needed from it in friendly reponses no matter how stupid the question was.

One thing I would say is that if you don't understand it whens someone's giving you help, just ask them. Everyone's started out at some point so if they're helping in the first place they won't care about being asked to clarify things. It's really important when coding that you actually understand the basic stuff from scratch otherwise things can't get far too overcomplicated down the line.
parbynat

I'll check that out Sa7med
Many thanks
parbynat

Spreadbetting,
It's purely for betting purposes on here
I have done as you say, downloading example spreadsheets and trying to figure out whats going.
It just feels like I run into red tape all the time, rather than flood the forum with basic questions I thought maybe I should try and learn from scratch
Would anyone on here accept PM's?
Parbynat
sa7med

parbynat wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:10 pm
Spreadbetting,
It's purely for betting purposes on here
I have done as you say, downloading example spreadsheets and trying to figure out whats going.
It just feels like I run into red tape all the time, rather than flood the forum with basic questions I thought maybe I should try and learn from scratch
Would anyone on here accept PM's?
Parbynat
I'd say a combination of both would be helpful. I wouldn't worry about posting questions to the forum. For the most part people are happy to help and your questions might help others in the future. Better to have them available then hidden away in PMs.

I will say though that most info is already out there. With a bit of quick googling you can find what you're looking for as long as you know what questions to ask :) I started from scratch not too long ago and this was my approach. Im no pro coder but can accomplish most of what I want to at this point. Bit of a learning curve but you'll get there if you're willing to put in the effort and put up with some frustration.

That said, if you're really struggling with something and would like a chat. Please do feel free to PM me.
spreadbetting

You've just got to bite the bullet and ask, I'm sure some people will accept PM's, my own view is that they're better on the forum as others will probably be wondering the same thing.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”