Ensuring that there are never any unmatched bets in spreadsheet

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
acecard

Hi all,

I'm playing with a concept that involves getting my entire stake on at the best current odds, no matter what. Ordinarily, as we all know, if I want to get £100 on at say 10, and there is only £10 there, then £90 would remain unmatched until more money came in at 10. Therefore, I'm trying to think through a way in my Excel spreadsheet of ensuring that there are never any unmatched bets left. So far, I have come up with the idea of setting up a formula to specify odds that are much lower than current so that Betfair naturally matches me at the better odds. So, for example, if current odds were at 10, and there was only £10 at these odds, but I want to get £100 on, if I specify say 5, would it automatically fill me at, say 10, 9.8, 9.6, 9.4 etc until all my £100 was matched (hopefully before hitting 5, assuming that there was enough liquidity!)?

Thanks!
spreadbetting

Only way you could be really sure was send your bet at 1.01 and even then it all depends if there is the liquidity in the market. Accepting bets at poor odds isn't ever going to win you money in the long term, you need to set your lowest odds at the odds you consider the lowest value you're prepared to take. Plenty of people don't show their hand until money is in the market so sending that bet in a 10 and leaving it there might mean it all gets nibbled away over time anyway.
acecard

Yes, should have mentioned that this would only be on games where there is liquidity and also only in-play. In this instance, from what you are saying, this method would work?
Jukebox

One advantage of using a spreadsheet is that at least you can see what monies are currently available in the first three price points and make your formula include in its decision to fire if there is enough currently available to cover your bet (unless its snatched a fraction of a second before you get there)

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”