New PC / Server / "Virtual desktop" ?

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
jonedelman

Hi all

I have a question which hopefully someone else has experienced somewhere along the line. I have a strategy that I run through Excel linked into Bet Angel. The strategy constantly updates markets every 500ms etc so it takes up fair bit of computer power .... and Excel basically cannot be used for any other task while it's running...

So I'd like to put this on a different computer to run in the background - which would allow me to do/work on other things - and use Excel without it constantly flicking / crashing

What is the best way to do this ?? Should I buy a new computer and try and somehow link it to my screens/keyboard/mouse so I can switch between computers? Or is there some sort of online server / or a sort of "desktop within a desktop" , like a virtual PC , that I can run from my current machine ?

If anyone here has any experience / IT advice I would be most grateful !!

Thanks
gutuami

I'd say have a second pc running in background and access it through Remote Desktop (should be pro version of windows). You would be able to use all the monitors of main pc with remote computer which might be without one. Or you could run it alongside and use something like "Mouse Without Borders" to be able to use the same mouse and keyboard but different monitors.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”