In- Play: Bet Rules / Individual Commands

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Cardano

Hello.
I am developing a strategy that 'fires' a 'BACK' bet on the favourite in-play when certain criteria are met.

My 'Bet Rule' for placing a 'BACK' bet on the favourite is as follows:

=IF(AND($G$1="In-play",$AT9>0),"BACK","")

I would also like to 'fire' a 'LAY' bet on the favourite in-play if other criteria are met as follows:

=IF(AND($G$1="In-play",$AU9>0),"LAY","")

My first problem is that when Bet Angel executes the rule, when my criteria is met, it clears the 'Bet Rule' out of cell "L9". That means I have to keep copying the rule back into cell "L9" for every race.

So, first of all is it possible to suppress a 'Bet Rule' being cleared after it has been executed

And is it possible to execute '"BACK" and "LAY" Bet Rules on the same horse (e.g the favourite) in-play using my strategy above. ;)
CallumPerry

Are AT9 and AU9 mutually exclusive? If they cannot happen at the same time then you could have one big formula that will either return BACK or LAY firstly.

Next, you will probably be best using some basic VBA. If you put your back/lay combined formula into a different cell outside of the instruction field (may go by a different name, can't think off the top of my head - green and white area including L9) for this example say A100, you are going to want some code that says:

If A100 = 1 Then L9 = BACK
If A100 = 2 Then L9 = LAY

This way the instruction field being cleared once a bet goes through won't matter any more as the VBA code will add BACK or LAY each time a new trigger is activated.
Cardano

Thanks for the quick reply Callum - hopefully I can get that to work with your suggestions.
Will post results when I get it working
Cardano

Done some changes to incorporate Callum's suggestions.

I now have a Trigger cell '$AB10' which set's Bet RULE (L9) = BACK when $AA10>0 as follows:

$AB10 = IF($AA10>0,$L9="BACK","")

However, when the Trigger executes i.e AA10 >0 it doesn't do any thing and returns "FALSE" in cell AB10.

Any ideas on why this is happening would be much appreciated ;)

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”