Trigger Automation Files From Excel

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
MugPunter

Hi,
Do automation files work concurrently with excel?
I've created some logic in excel (basically shows approx. distance remaining in-play for thoroughbred racing,e.g. 1 furlong from the post),
how do I trigger existing automation files from excel?
is this possible?
Any assistance greatly appreciated,
Matt
Jukebox

You can have an automation file attached in guardian that only reacts to bets generated wherever they come from whether thats excel, manual or the automation file itself - so if you have an excel file that finds your perfect opening and you want automation to handle everything from there you can write an automation file and have it attached to guardian waiting.
MugPunter

Thanks Jukebox, so all I need to do is trigger my first condition from excel? My only confusion is what trigger can I send from excel that doesn't actually place a bet or set a global, since my excel logic is only a timer, I guess I could send a bet at odds that will never get matched??
Jukebox wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:37 am
You can have an automation file attached in guardian that only reacts to bets generated wherever they come from whether thats excel, manual or the automation file itself - so if you have an excel file that finds your perfect opening and you want automation to handle everything from there you can write an automation file and have it attached to guardian waiting.
Dabbla

MugPunter wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:04 am
Thanks Jukebox, so all I need to do is trigger my first condition from excel? My only confusion is what trigger can I send from excel that doesn't actually place a bet or set a global, since my excel logic is only a timer, I guess I could send a bet at odds that will never get matched??
You should put a lay in at 1.01 pre off and then keep bet.
Then use excel to cancel the bet.
By doing that you won’t have to wait for the bet delay.
So one of your automation rules conditions (unmatched bets amounts =(lay bets =£0.00))
MugPunter

Thanks Dabbla, seems like the best solution!!!!
Dabbla wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:15 am
You should put a lay in at 1.01 pre off and then keep bet.
Then use excel to cancel the bet.
By doing that you won’t have to wait for the bet delay.
So one of your automation rules conditions (unmatched bets amounts =(lay bets =£0.00))

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”