Min & max prices

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
burntheory

I've recently started recording the prevailing min and max prices when I set up my lay markets early in the morning. What I can't figure out is how much needs to be matched at a particular price to get picked up by the spreadsheet.

I understand with BF historical data, the min and max figures are based on at least £100 being matched but that doesn't appear to be the case with the figures I'm collecting around 7am in the morning.

This morning, the figures gathered for the 15:40 at Sandown had around £4.44 matched on Sentimentaljourney at a WAP of 973.33 and min and max both being 1000. At the same time, in the same race, Vieux Ville recorded £13.72 matched at a WAP 31.17 but nothing was recorded for either the min or max figures. Presumably it had matches at more prices, bringing the biggest amount matched to something less than Sentimentaljourney - less than £2 maybe?

To be honest, I haven't been gathering this data long enough to see if it offers up anything worthwhile so I'm just curious at this point. Any thoughts?
burntheory

It's okay, I've figured this out.

I'm guessing there were two bets on Sentimentaljourney in the market at 7am, one for £2 at 1000, the other for £0.22 at 730, which gets doubled up to £4.44 in Betfair speak. This suggests the early figures being reported are based on the minmum stake of £2.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”