Deleting data in Bet Status Cell

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Dipstick

All
I am toying with the excel integration and I have got it working how i want (now just need a profitable strategy :D ). One thing I could do with some help on is the Bet Status Cell. The user guide says the following which i get the rationale for:

If this spreadsheet is active, when our criteria are met, a bet will be fired into the market. This will happen without our intervention and fully automatically. However the ‘Status’ cell will change, in the event of a trigger, to ‘PLACED’. It is important to understand that when the status cell is empty an automatic trade will reach the market, if however, this cell contains any text; a bet will not be placed. The reason we have implemented this is to stop the software from placing multiple bets. If there was no stop trigger the software would rapidly place multiple positions in the market until your account ran out of money. Obviously this is not an idea solution! Therefore you need to re-arm the bet by clearing the ‘Status’ cell next to your rule by deleting its contents. It is popular to create arm and re-arm buttons using excel macros. You can pre-record keystrokes and save then to a user defined button if you wish. To learn how to do this search on the internet for ‘Excel creating macro button’

I have added a macro button which deletes this data fine. What I would like to do is to "automate" the deletion. That is, say, 30 mins after the race, (defined as the time in cell F3), then the macro runs. I have looked on various websites but their proposed solution doesn't seem to work. Has anyone found an answer to thisone as it would save me a lot of hassle (as well as let the sheet run for longer when I am not there to clear it.
Thanks
Dipstick
CallumPerry

Yes, this can be done but depends on a few things. How many markets will you be cycling through with Guardian at any one time? I’m assuming you’re trading football or something with a long in-play period as opposed to greyhounds or the horses as the time in Cell F3 will have obviously stopped long before 30 mins after the scheduled start.

If this is true then all you need is a single line to say:
If ‘Time Trigger’ = 30 mins AND ‘Market is In-Play’ AND opening bet has been made THEN close position.

Are you trading on multiple selections per market? If so, will all selections be closed at the same time i.e. 30 mins regardless of profit/loss? Could simply just use the Global Command cell at the top if this is the case.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”