Spreadsheet connection, and cycling through guardian.

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Tamawilliams1

Hi Guys ive got a spreadsheet, working on the uk horse racing markets. How do i get this spreadsheet to automatically connect and repopulate automatically in guardian at a specific time ie( on to the next race)? I could copy the spreadsheet add a different name and just apply the new named (but same) spreadsheet to all the races but this just seems a lit cumbersome. Any help Please
CallumPerry

Next to the connect button (right) you have auto bind and auto clear buttons. Click both of these, have Restrict Refresh turned on and it will do it automatically.
liero1

Hi Calum,

I am currently looking to cycle through markets a few hours before - but do the full market list within lets say half an hour. Right now it would take the same time to cycle through as the markets are away from each other (e.g. 6 or more hours), as the market jump time is fix.. Is there any way to do it my way, e.g. cycle through all the markets in one go, without waiting for hours?... Thanks!
CallumPerry

Not sure if I understand, if you want Guardian to cycle through your entire list then don't use restrict refresh at all. I tend to load my days' worth of markets manually around 7am most mornings. At first there is no restrict refresh on so all the markets are up to date (so I can see where some money already is), then I select the markets I'd like my bots to look at and turn restrict refresh on. I consistently look at 900 seconds to 0 (15 minutes out until post time) - for horses.

Why do you want to look at the full list a few hours out? Is it just so you can see where the money is too or is there another reason? Do you just need to cycle through all of the markets one time before swapping to looking at each individually from 30 mins out?

If you're just unhappy because the cycle is taking ages, have a check that your refresh rate is as quick as possible else if it's on i.e. 1 second and you have 500 markets it would obviously take 500 seconds to cycle through the whole list once.
liero1

Thanks for your reply. Yea so what you do at 7am I want to replicate, but all connected to excel to trigger my bets based on formulas in there and for all markets one after one.. I assume that is only possible if excel got enough spreadsheets so BAP will populate them. That would do the job I assume, with no refresh restrict setting.
CallumPerry

Ahh, ok. Well then yes you're correct, in this case you're going to want a workbook with multiple sheets in - have a look on this forum. There's a pretty basic template one which I started with too - the time formulae/code is obviously down to you.

You're going to want a cell that captures the price upon first viewing the market i.e. 7am in the morning and then other formulae for < 30 mins to start time. To answer your questions about Guardian though, yes it is possible. What I suggest you do is find a multi-sheet workbook you're happy with and watch what happens when you 'Connect' it from inside Guardian - specifically the countdown cell. Then turn on Restrict Refresh.

Basically, you should see the clock stop at something random hours before like i.e. 6 hrs and 37 mins out when you turn Restrict Refresh on, if you've used a bit of VBA you should see the values you want captured. 30 mins before you will see it suddenly tick from 6 hrs 37 mins to 29:59 and then it can do whatever you like. This obviously requires a bit of simple VBA knowledge from you to 'keep' values written to the sheet. Good luck pal.
liero1

Thanks man. Worked perfectly fine. Have a file with 60 bet angel (x) sheets now so that even on busy days the full day gets synced into excel. Works well.

Thanks

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”