Getting access to Stored Values from Excel

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
JamieLeSueur

Hi all,

If I create Stored Values in Guardian, is there a way I can access these values from Excel so they can be used as part of an automated spreadsheet?

Thanks
spreadbetting

I haven't seen any example sheets where Guardian values are available but I'm sure someone will confirm if you can or can't soon enough.

Why don't you simply store the values in excel to start with as excel will have the same access to any data Guardian has.
JamieLeSueur

Thanks for your response. I want to store all the odds at a specific point in time prior to the start of a race and then monitor the movement in these odds for each horse. Unless I use VBA in excel I don't think I can do this. The Store Value function in Guardian appears to be a quick way to do this as long as I can then get these Stored Values into Excel.

Thanks
jimibt

JamieLeSueur wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:25 pm
Thanks for your response. I want to store all the odds at a specific point in time prior to the start of a race and then monitor the movement in these odds for each horse. Unless I use VBA in excel I don't think I can do this. The Store Value function in Guardian appears to be a quick way to do this as long as I can then get these Stored Values into Excel.

Thanks
you certainly could do this in excel (using a timestamped dictionary of sorts), but i get where you're coming from in terms of wanting to keep it as simple as possible. I have a decent understanding of the mechanics involved in the interop from BA->Excel and would suggest that it is not quite so easy to do this as those named Stored Values are very particular to your usage (i.e. they are not Globally known variables/properties and beyond that, they are stored as anonyomus text in your rules files, thus it's a bit of a lottery as and when they get exposed and are used).

For this reason, I think it is fairly unlikely that this can easily be introduced into the mix.
JamieLeSueur

OK thanks for this info. I've now manged to do it using VBA

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”