Excel -Course Name

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
jimibt

Me again!!

Would there be the slimmest of chances (this time maybe not neccesarily on a wet wednesday) that the full and proper course-name could be added to the betangel interop routine (not dictating where, but anywhere in the currently unused cells in the I1:K6 range would be perfect [even adding it in the row below marketId in the hidden column A would work]).

The reason being, I have a lookup function that is derived from the actual betfair data, per course, and don't wish to have to introduce yet another lookup (of a lookup) to coerce Strat to Stratford etc. etc. As it stands, the race identifier comes in as a single string along the lines of: Strat 10th Jun - 14:45 2m5f Nov Hcap Chs. Obviously, this is easily parsed, but the truncation of the name still exists.

I know this is a simple change but am aware that there are potentially bigger fixes that need to be tackled. However, not having the proper data for the course-name really limits or inhibits simple development inside VBA (in terms of slotting against betfair data).

[edit] - a non functional fix of course would be to provide a simple lookup file of BA course-name->Betfair course-name, e.g:

ba-bf-lookup.PNG
Attaching a sheet similar to the above, as a response, would do the trick :D

TIA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nigelk

Downloaded from Betfair themselves many years ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

nigelk wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:09 pm
Downloaded from Betfair themselves many years ago.
On my phone so can't view the file but I know they messed around with the abbreviations so probably best to download the latest as some are now 5/6 letters whereas I'm sure it used be limited to 4 at one time

https://docs.developer.betfair.com/disp ... reviations
jimibt

thanks guys -appreciated; exactly what's required ;)

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”