RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:29 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:30 am
Banks are hell-bent on security but they don't seem to understand that somebody with £10K in their account needs stricter security than someone with just £50.
Can't agree with that. If you've only got 50 quid to your name it means just as much or even more than having 10 grand. The poor shouldn't be more vulnerable than the relatively rich.

Bank fraud doesn't affect banks, the money isn't theirs anyway and it's just gone to a different place. The security strengthens the case for the customer to force the bank to pursue I when they don't really care anyway and don't want the bad publicity of a case in court.

I agree it's a pain Derek but it's a good thing for the customer.
I wasn't talking about £50 'to your name' but a bank account that has £50. I have an account just for bills and at the end of the month I might just have my £6 mobile internet fee left, yet I have to go through all these hurdles just to protect £6. I'd rather take the risk, or they could at least give you a choice of security settings.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:18 pm
or they could at least give you a choice of security settings.
Probably the only way, they don't necessarily know that it's your only 50 quid or if you've got money to burn, and even £6 is the difference between many families being warm and fed or cold and hungry tonight. If you see tenners as disposable, you're a very lucky man.

Should we chalk this one down as a 'first world problem'? (btw I think that middle picture is a molehill)
:)

There's first world problems, and one world problems...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-50621304
Derek27

WTF's happening to US racing - 8 sub £2 bets in a row!
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
firlandsfarm

greenmark wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:06 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:57 pm
I do wonder how some of these companies manage to survive as their front line staffing is usually so poor and incompetent. I'd had a message from one of their managers and the grammar and spelling was probably that of a 12 year old.
Simple. Most people are too busy or apathetic to switch in the face of poor service. These huge companies know how many customers leave and for what reasons. They only improve customer service when they lose serious amounts of business.
And add to that that suppliers find it cheaper per head to find new business than keep existing business (because they know people are looking around because of poor service from another supplier) and the business model becomes "put your prime resources into New Business and the others into Customer Services"!
ShaunWhite

Less a rant than an observation of changing times. I was looking through a 1960's Dunhill catalogue researching a lighter I've got.

The sections included:
Pipes
Lighters
Humidors & cigarette cases
Pens & desk accessories
Cufflinks
Aftershave
and Ladies Jewellery ;)

Everything for the cad around town.
Derek27

:evil:
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Wanker!
Capture.PNG
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:45 pm
Wanker!
Capture.PNG
What a clown :roll:
Derek27

flipping dickhead! I now have to miss a market just to report him on the chat line. He was placing 5 pennies a second and if I didn't cancel my back bet he would have kept going. I've now even written a template to speed up reporting these idiots. :evil:
Capture.PNG
Derek27

This is Malcolm and I will be looking after your query today. I will aim to reply within 2 minutes.
That was 5 minutes ago. He's probably looking up penny shaving.
whimsies

is it happening on Balraj goul pace as flashing like anything but no money being taken
Derek27

They really need to do something about this, the problem's particularly prevalent at the 1.49 mark. :evil:
Capture.PNG
Derek27

Reported the bastard. :D

Greened up for a 9p profit but actually lost a penny due to the back bets not winning anything.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:53 am
Reported the bastard. :D

Greened up for a 9p profit but actually lost a penny due to the back bets not winning anything.
2 x £5 bets make a tenner so I don't know why 11 x 1p bets don't make 11p ?

They need to make a tweak so that it's accounted for as though they settle the net position you have with any given counterparty, rather than as individual bets. Rounding used to go into the IT dept xmas party fund in the dark ages, I wonder if it's the same now.
ShaunWhite

I've got a rant for you Derek, 5hrs dental work, 4½ grand.
Sedation makes the extractions easier apparently, especially those from my f'in wallet. :evil:
It's not like I'm having anything fancy done, just fixing cheapo NHS bodge jobs on the few remaining teeth I've got before they fall out as well!

Return to “General discussion”