RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
spreadbetting

Maybe you're being targeted because you're on 24/7, Derek.
Derek27

Just popped into Burger King and took my place in the queue, for my pre-BC burger. As the good people at the front of the queue got served the intelligent people in the queue moved forward to fill the gap, but the flipping dickhead standing in front of me stood still, looking at his smartphone. And there's me, standing behind him, queuing, for apparently nothing, in the middle of nowhere. I felt like booting him up the arse!!

Does he expect the counter to move towards him??

:evil:
iambic_pentameter

Could I make a request to the moderation team that this thread is renamed "Derek's Corner", please?

:)
to75ne

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:34 pm
Just popped into Burger King and took my place in the queue, for my pre-BC burger.??

:evil:
why do you eat that muck? if you was drunk fair enough but sober!
Derek27

I make my own burgers but I still can't match that BK taste - and they got special gherkins that you can't get in the shops.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:53 pm
I make my own burgers but I still can't match that BK taste - and they got special gherkins that you can't get in the shops.
Dead right, d-lish. Nothing wrong with a BK, the health police haven't quite removed all the flavour yet. Where we live now it's 20miles to the nearest BK, KFC or BK or any chain, it's hard when nothing else will quite do. BK Bacon double cheese ...mmmm.

You mentioned queues, chippy is the worst, nobody knows the routine. Ask them if they've got what you want when you go in, and then ffs people file round, don't just mill about and leave me dangling out of the door of a half empty shop! Unhealthy terrible chippy is all we have sadly.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:25 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:32 pm
There's never enough ashtrays in the gym for my liking though, it's political correctness gone mad.
Remember the days when you'd go into a bookie and couldn't see the TV screens because of all the smoke in the air. :)
Pubs and cinemas too, at your desk at work, and on the train or plane. :(

We used to do the decent thing and fund the nhs on tobacco tax and then slip off at three score and ten max. Now the govt can't afford the nhs and complain about the cost of all the old people. Well stop making people so damn healthy then! :)

I'm down to 6 a day, but rolled big though so I get about 3 little gos on each :) Imported additive-free tobacco. The filters are so clean you could re-use them, a quite amazing difference, no kidding...... and I only drink about 3 times a year, so I'm not cutting back any more.
Derek27

I was on 30-40 cigarettes a day in my prime, but just felt it's money down the drain. When you're smoking that much it's more like paying to breathe in a different kind of air than actually enjoying what you're breathing in.

I don't think tobacco tax has ever funded the NHS - it's simply reduced the amount of tax non-smokers have to pay. :)
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:03 am
I don't think tobacco tax has ever funded the NHS - it's simply reduced the amount of tax non-smokers have to pay. :)
I seem to remember that back then (80s?) smokers cost the nhs about £6bn, and raised about £8bn in tax.

I was never on more than 30, but I've been smoking for about 43yrs. Me and my mate would go round finding dog-ends in the street when we were about 11 or 12! They can't be that bad for you, I've smoked over 300,000 of them. 300,000 doughnuts and I'd be a gonner :?

I do wish I'd never started though, my old man quit and he said he never did get used to not doing it, even after 30yrs.
Euler

Fuel and road tax has never paid its way either. Tax policy is more or less guided by where they can get away with it, without too many political ramifications.

I think it would be pretty neat to have tax aligned to where it's spent, but that's never going to happen. Though I've noticed that you get a nice report when you file a tax return now that details where it's spent.
Rollox

A healthy diet and lifestyle lead you to make better decisions in life.
Met fiancee in MAC DONALDS biggest regret of my life, anyway she had to go bit of a physco :twisted: .
Never been back to fast food joint since, preffering deliveroo much safer and in my case much cheaper :D
superfrank

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:09 am
Imported additive-free tobacco. The filters are so clean you could re-use them, a quite amazing difference, no kidding......
They sound good, what's the brand name?
Are you sure the filters aren't just crap?
I'm nearly 4 years without a smoke now and I still miss it. I walked past someone smoking the other day and deliberately inhaled a load of second hand smoke. It smelled good!
Derek27

Rollox wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:35 pm
A healthy diet and lifestyle lead you to make better decisions in life.
Met fiancee in MAC DONALDS biggest regret of my life, anyway she had to go bit of a physco :twisted: .
Never been back to fast food joint since, preffering deliveroo much safer and in my case much cheaper :D
Interesting meeting place. :)

I'm used to vaping now but trading without a cigarette was initially really tough, and easy/convenient to blame losses on nicotine deprivation.
ShaunWhite

superfrank wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:54 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:09 am
Imported additive-free tobacco. The filters are so clean you could re-use them, a quite amazing difference, no kidding......
They sound good, what's the brand name?
Are you sure the filters aren't just crap?
I'm nearly 4 years without a smoke now and I still miss it. I walked past someone smoking the other day and deliberately inhaled a load of second hand smoke. It smelled good!
I buy it loose in a 500g bag and use Mascotte tubes (going out) or Rizlas (staying in).
It's always top quality and not all sticks and course cut. It's really dry too so you're not just buying water which makes it quite a bit cheaper. Needs to be rehydrated a bit. I REALLY shouldn't tell you the brand because you've done so well. But for the record it's Natural American Spirit, or if I can't get that then Pueblo is equally good.

I know smoking is bad blah blah blah but if people can discus fine cigars and wine, then I don't see why the quality of the occasional cigarette shouldn't be as important. It'll probably kill me so it might as well be the best. I've smoked it for about 5 years now and when I switched I swear I felt like I'd cut my consumption in half and I've never had a cough since and breathe freely. Obviously they're not ever going to be stocked by Holland & Barratt but if you're going to do it then tobacco without added cyandide is an improvement. TBH I trust it more than unregulated vape 'juice' which always smells like burnt cooking oil to me and makes me cough like hell.

Stay strong frank, but if you slip make sure it's an occassion treat, like a fine wine, and not a full on habit.
Incidentally I can also go a LOT longer without a ciggy now too, i'm sure the chemicals wore off before the nicotene did with the old ones. If I could only ever get those again I'd quit.
superfrank

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
My problem is that I could never just do 5 or 10. It was always 30 or stop.
If I feel compelled to fall off the wagon again I'll give them a go.

Return to “General discussion”