Just impossible!

A place to discuss anything.
deggsy10

Simple question. How are you supposed to predict which way the odds are going to go? I'm finding it simply impossible. I seem to have a skill for getting on the wrong end of the swing. I'm starting to think that there is no way of predicting it all. The scalping videos which show trading on horses who have stayed at a constant price and whose trading has taken place between a narrow set of prices. This just doesnt work for me either. The minute I back or lay, off it goes in the wrong direction into prices which have had no previous trading activity and is contrary to what the graph would suggest is happening. The graphs seem to indicate absolutely nothing and are no predictor at all of future trends so I really don't know what use they are at all. I really dont know how anybody can make money from this at all. Pi**ed off and at the end of my tether!
HRacing

Why does everyone seem so defeated at the minute!!!
Sovereign

'Losing the will to live with this'
'Just impossible'
'Cheesed off...Not had my lightbulb moment'

I don't believe I can help you, but there's a pattern forming here.
Euler

Sounds like you are following the market and letting it bully you and not exploiting it or waiting for an opportunity.
ruthlessimon

deggsy10 wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:07 pm
Simple question. How are you supposed to predict which way the odds are going to go?
Tht's definitely not a simple question!! :)
ShaunWhite

ruthlessimon wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:37 pm
deggsy10 wrote:
Simple question. How are you supposed to predict which way the odds are going to go?
Tht's definitely not a simple question!! :)
Simple question, complex answer.

deggsy, how many hours have you spend watching the markets. Not just looking at them..really watching them and noting situations?
deggsy10

Euler wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:35 pm
Sounds like you are following the market and letting it bully you and not exploiting it or waiting for an opportunity.
Thats the problem though, I just don't know how you are supposed to identify the opportunity.
welshboy06

I've yet to do this myself... but one tip which I think will help tremendously is to screen record all of the races.

Record each one and make a note (pen and paper or on the pc) how the market performed. Did it stay even. Favorite drift/shorten then reverse? Etc... and also note time times. 5mins out the favourite went from 3s to 2.4.

Then go back and re-watch the videos. If a major swing occurred at 2min50s before the off rewind to 3 or 4 mins before. Watch what happened before the price went off. Were there any big amounts of money? Could you touch see a lot of money being matched? Did the second favourite get supported and push the first out?

Make detailed notes and re-watch the markets you record. Watching live is all well and good, but when you're focusing on the favourite you may have missed the 20k back bet on the 2nd favourite and assumed the drift was just a blip. When in fact it was sustained support on the 2nd favourite that was pushing the others out.

Sorry if there's any typos or bad punctuation, i need typing on my phone and I have fat thumbs
to75ne

take a break for week or so and have nothing todo with trading/forums/ytube videos etc. get away from it your head is fecked.
Euler

Just trade at random and watch.

Pick a race this evening at odds of less than 4.00, back the favourite and trade out before post. I bet you get a lot of positive trades rather than jumping in and out of the market every time it sneezes.
ShaunWhite

deggsy10 wrote:
Pi**ed off ....
If things, any things, 'p1ss you off', stop now, give up. It's the worst thing you can do. Even a genius market reader who gets p1ssed off will lose.

You had a load of great advice before, enough things to keep you busy for months, but you're back in a couple of days! I think you just have an over inflated sense of your own abilities and expect to do this without putting in the 100s or 1000s of hours. Not just 100s of hours playing at it and clicking all over the place, I mean 100s of hours really focussed study, noting and understanding.

What about your stats? Do you know which race types, price ranges, market profiles are working best/worse ? Are your odds-on trades better than your 6+ trades? I'm guessing you don't keep detailed stats, in fact I'd put money on it.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:57 pm
Just trade at random and watch.

Pick a race this evening at odds of less than 4.00, back the favourite and trade out before post. I bet you get a lot of positive trades rather than jumping in and out of the market every time it sneezes.
There you go deggsy, 19:25 Newm. Nice bit of profit to start your evening.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

horse, water
Bluesky

to75ne wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:54 pm
take a break for week or so and have nothing todo with trading/forums/ytube videos etc. get away from it your head is fecked.
+1
welshboy06

Another one at 19:35. Easy profit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General discussion”