Las Vegas Gun Attack

A place to discuss anything.
ajdal

I've read enough on forums to realise Americans will never give up their guns and that is their prerogative... It's a scary thought that the next nut job now has to get to ridiculous death figures to become infamous.... I love the fact that I've hardly ever seen a gun, and no-one I know owns one... can you just imagine the carnage in some of those recent attacks if those automatic guns had been acquirable over here.
to75ne

MickelC wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:33 pm

Ok and why not should I buy a gun to defend me and my family. I consider this as a part of constitution.
not in the UK. The right to keep and bear arms is not legally or constitutionally protected in the United Kingdom, so i am assume your not British.
BetScalper

They shouldn't have to give up their guns and nor will they. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions would willingly take on Law Enforcement and the government to protect their rights.

The USA has a different culture and history compared to Europe and elsewhere.

Depending on the state anyone without a criminal record can apply and obtain a class 3 firearm (fully auto) if he/she wishes too.

Switzerland and Austria have some serious firepower available to their citizens too. But unlike the USA they don't seem to have mass killings. One reason could be that America has a HUGE drug problem.

But don't forget how big the USA is. Allot of people live in the sticks with the Police around 2 hours away. If you get a home invasion then you need something to protect yourself, family and property with.

Where do you think the term WILD WEST comes from ? :lol:
cyxstudio

jimibt wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:52 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:32 pm
It wouldn't be possible to sort out the gun problem in the USA due to the following....
--
tbh, it wouldn't be possible due to there being a combination of no will and no incentive. the issue (problem) is deep rooted in the very fact that you state i.e - the 2nd amendment was passed in order to regulate government. we live in (hopefully) more enlightened times with nearly 250 years passing since the civil war. maybe the immediate aftermath of that event having passed will allow the US to reappraise the rationale presented for the 2nd amendment - doubtfully yours....
Actually from what i heard the real intention of the 2nd amendment is for the United States to be able to quickly raise an army when they need one since during the early days of the US they have no standing army, hence why it specifically mention " a well regulated militia"
Kafkaesque

Of all the topics where nothing good will ever come of debating it, this would be it. Especially online.

FWIW, like most Europeans I'm baffled by the American situation regarding guns (despite spending a year deep in the heart of Texas as a teenager). However, the internal debate over there is bad enough. Nothing good will ever come from foreigners barging in. They'll have to come to terms with it and deal with it in their own time. For now, we'll always be ignorant foreigners, who should mind our own business, to the pro-gun voice.

On a lighter note, I feel this speaks volumes about the mindset: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09 ... open-fire/
ajdal

Didn't take long for the next one... truly awful... the headlines will be all about the number dead, but so many lives will be painfully affected for years by this horrendous act... so sad.
LeTiss

The worst thing is, it's become so commonplace that it's losing the shock value - 26 dead, yet many of the papers are focusing on the 'paradise papers'
EyePeaSea

LeTiss wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:08 am
The worst thing is, it's become so commonplace that it's losing the shock value - 26 dead, yet many of the papers are focusing on the 'paradise papers'
Ultra rich or powerful people, failing to abide by the spirit of the tax laws - that's uncommon? I assume that there was absolutely nothing else to report; no cats stuck in trees, no charity cake sale on Lundy Island etc. :D
Euler

Trump Signs Bill Revoking Obama-Era Gun Checks for People With Mental Illnesses

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tr ... al-n727221

Return to “General discussion”