Stop loss persistance

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

When you set a right click stop loss on the ladder, can you make it stay there while you go and look at a different market?

I don't use them if i'm managing a trade, but I wanted one to watch my back while I was elsewhere and it seems to vanish.
ShaunWhite

Bump ?
to75ne

i dont think they do, can't be 100% sure as i rarely use them. why dont you try?

quite simple to find out the answer, click a stop then change market, then change back, see if its still there or not.
iambic_pentameter

In my early days of trading, I tried this and I seem to recall it didn't.

Even if you did, the problem is that if you get a huge spike, it could fly past the stop and you wouldn't get a clean hedged exit anyway.

I'm not an expert on automation (yet) but you could probably write a rule to cut a position?

Iambic
Dallas

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:43 pm
When you set a right click stop loss on the ladder, can you make it stay there while you go and look at a different market?

I don't use them if i'm managing a trade, but I wanted one to watch my back while I was elsewhere and it seems to vanish.
Right click stops are removed when you switch markets, Stop losses set via global settings will work providing the market is being refreshed by guardian before switching
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:55 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:43 pm

Right click stops are removed when you switch markets, Stop losses set via global settings will work providing the market is being refreshed by guardian before switching
thanks. That's not quite how a traditional stoploss works (supposed to be a safety net on unattended markets so traders could get some sleep) but that's no big deal, so long as I know what it does/doesn't do I can deal with it.
to75ne

could you not write a temporary guardian close trade rule on the fly and apply that while you wander off somewhere else?

Return to “General discussion”