An indecent proposal for Peter

A place to discuss anything.
Kafkaesque

Euler wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:15 pm
Wildly wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:25 am
Are you still teaching trading to your daughter Peter?
And the other two now.
Can everybody hear that?

No?

I predict a stampede of gentleman callers asking for their hands in marriage :lol:

Edit: Realized they may be of an age, where that's a bit inappropriate. No offence intended, of course, should that be the case :?
Last edited by Kafkaesque on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kafkaesque

vankancisco wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:10 pm
Surely it's not about the money as there's no real end game. Unless the end game is to quit and do something else. I've always thought the biggest threat or downfall for a professional gambler or trader is to be too successful. Of course there are exceptions, these tend to be those who can invent new motivations and goals. They have the ability to trick their mind into believing there is actually something at stake once again. It's not easy though, most will fail in this aspect. It's just human nature.
I'm tempted to say, of course there's an end game. But then it might just be for me.

I get what you're saying, but "falling out of love" with trading - or anything else that requires continious self-awareness and self-improvement - can happen for any number of reasons, including the fall-outs of too much success, as you say.

Apart from enjoying myself and being mentally challenged, I have a clear end game in everything I do. Which is very much revolving about the monetary aspect of it.
newaustralian

Apart from enjoying myself and being mentally challenged, I have a clear end game in everything I do. Which is very much revolving about the monetary aspect of it.
As stated prevoiusly I am in to arbitrage. I agree with the above the challenge is the main game. Within the last 30 minutes being able to place a lay on Betfair at $2.22 and bet online at $2.65 with a certain profit is the thrill not the money although the money is enjoyable. Yesterday betting at $7.00 and laying at $2.75 gave me more profit than today but not a bigger thrill. Yes! it is the challenge

Return to “General discussion”