Firefox Quantum

A place to discuss anything.
Geordie

Don't like Quantum, I've download v56 and gone back to that.
Mark-H

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:01 am
Forgive me for being stupid but I was unaware that three horizontal lines are known as hamburger or hot dogs. I was actually looking for an icon that looks like a hamburger. :oops:
Actually, forgive ME for being stupid but I honestly thought it was the standard name for the three bars. In most of the HTML/CSS courses I did it was generally referred to as the hamburger by a number of different tutors. And according to Google...

https://www.google.com/search?q=menu+icon+hamburger
mobius

PAY ATTENTION THIS IS IMPORTANT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-41801932
IMPORTANT MATTER.PNG
(Methinks I shoulda given the pub a miss last night - there's only 1 hr 29 minutes and 17 seconds til' Lingfield starts the day :shock: )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Black Ice

Hate it!!! Why do these techi nerds always think that changing stuff is always better...it's not!!! As soon as you have a setup that u r used to they change it GGGRRRR!!! :(
Derek27

Mark-H wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:05 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:01 am
Forgive me for being stupid but I was unaware that three horizontal lines are known as hamburger or hot dogs. I was actually looking for an icon that looks like a hamburger. :oops:
Actually, forgive ME for being stupid but I honestly thought it was the standard name for the three bars. In most of the HTML/CSS courses I did it was generally referred to as the hamburger by a number of different tutors. And according to Google...

https://www.google.com/search?q=menu+icon+hamburger
I looked it up on Wikepedia. Apparently the three dots icon on your smartphone is a kebab !!!

I think the true idiot is the one who invented these terms. :lol:
Kafkaesque

I find myself using both Firefox and Chrome. Firefox is better for a few, mostly java-based stuff, in my experience. FWIW, my overall preference is Chrome as it seems to me to run A LOT smoother with anything remotely heavy duty, especially noticeable with any kind of streaming video.
Dallas

Has anyone come across an add-on that will allow you to set a default zoom for ALL web pages?
I used to use Zoom Page but it doesn't seem to work with Quantum
Trader Pat

Would you guys recommend Quantam over Chrome?

I never bothered switching when it came out first but is there any performance difference of is it just as aesthetics?
Dallas

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:51 pm
Would you guys recommend Quantam over Chrome?

I never bothered switching when it came out first but is there any performance difference of is it just as aesthetics?
I much preferred the previous version of Firefox and would go back to it if I could - but I've not used Chrome for years so can't comment on a comparison to that
RalfusDawes

Dallas wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:54 pm
I much preferred the previous version of Firefox and would go back to it if I could - but I've not used Chrome for years so can't comment on a comparison to that
Same here - roughly. I don't mind the look of Quantum, but I can't change the order of thumbnails/tiles on the recently used/top sites page, and that irks me. From memory, the old version allowed me to drag, drop and pin. Some of my favourite legacy addons don't work now either.

Regarding Chrome, I've read a couple of articles suggesting it contains Google spyware/adware. Chromium is the original, open source and unmolested browser which Google rebuild and add their own extra code to. Never tried Chromium, so can't comment.

tl:dr I use Comodo Dragon, a security-hardened version of Chrome without any google goodies hiding in the source code.

Return to “General discussion”