I'm a Celebrity 2017!!

A place to discuss anything.
brunty122

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone trades these sort of markets, even if just for fun.

Wasn't able to watch tonight's episode but think Jack Maynard is the bet I'm going to go with at 14s early doors !! :D

Cheers
Brunty
Naffman

I agree, at 13.5 now that seems well overpriced.

I also like Jennie McAlpine 4/1 and Amir Khan 22/1.

Some of them you can right off (ie most of the women who just look they're going to complain all the way through :lol:)
spreadbetting

I thought that Jack came across quite badly for a reality show, far too self centered but I've no idea who he is so the 'kids' may well vote for him and a bg fan base can get you far in the early rounds of these shows, not necessarily win it for you as ITV3 reality shows appeal to a larger audience compared to the niche audience of say BB.

My bots have been laying the field, as close to 100% I can, on the assumption extra runners will be added and it rarely fails to bring in profits. Been a little cautious this year as I haven't seen the timetable for how long it'll run and also being Ant's first show after his rehab they may want a shorter show, but it's worth the risk and I'd be surprised if new contestants aren't brought in at some time just to shake up the complacency of the camp mates.

As far as the runners go I haven't a clue who most are but that Jack looks a bit too self centered to win based on initial impressions, he may have a big fanbase on twitter or wherever and that may be enough to win Channel 5 reality shows but ITV ones behave slightly differently. I've seen that Toff from MIC which my kids watch and what you see is what you get from what I've seen of her, had some trades from 8's which I though was a decent price. Not sure the public vote posh birds to win these shows but I can see her being in the hunt for quite a while as I don't she she comes across bitchy in anything she's done, bit of a younger Tara Palmer Tompkinson appeal which did well in past shows. 5's seems a far price at the moment given the rest of the field.

Stanley is a hard one to figure out as little is really known about him, the public do like to go for these eccentric old sods but I imagine he may eventually turn out to be some grumpy old twat if he's anything like his son which I imagine he is. I'd laid him for a few quid under 4's but will probably get out tonight as I do see him going lower, and possibly much lower as the public do like to latch onto a steamer in the early days. Thankfully he hasn't got a trial tonight as that could cause a big steam if he did well in it. I certainly don't see him as the winner but could easily go odds on at some time if he gets some momentum and major tv exposure in the next few days. Tonight will probably show whether it's worth buying back my 4's to lay at a lower price later or if some other step into the limelight. As a reality show runner I reckon he's the one to trade for now.

Jennie McAlpine obviously has the Coronation St vote but doubt that's enough these days and tbh doesn't look interesting enough for me, luckily her pairing with the Jamie, who seems a bt of a twat, should be enough for her to drift out further to a maybe backable price.

Looks like turning out to be a decent trading platform though as there aren't any standout winners yet and the format of these shows means outsiders can soon come in and front runners crash so quickly.
SeaHorseRacing

You guys need to get out more. :lol:
brunty122

Interesting to see how you are looking at things Spreadbetting!

I'm going to stick with my position on Jack Maynard for now but you could be right hahaha
SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:59 pm
You guys need to get out more. :lol:
Hahaha.....hopefully this can pay for a few nights out :lol: :?
SeaHorseRacing

For what its worth. Georgia Toffolo. Clear cut winner imo.

Additionally last few winners have all been reality tv stars.

Stacey Solomon= Xfactor but famous for being just herself
Vicky Patterson= Geordie Shaw
Scarlet moffit= Gogglebox.

All famous because there likeable. Trend will continue. I am actually going to have a go myself now.

Easy winner this year imo. Odds suggest she has around 20% chance of winning. Now the question is I cant not base my assumption purely on opinion but I how do I asses what here odds truly should be.
brunty122

Haven't seen much of Georgia Toffolo but am unsure yet whether she will be likeable like the others you mentioned. Don't know if she will come across as quite posh :lol:
spreadbetting

So far so good for me, thankfully Stanley had a very quiet show as expected because he had no trial or storyline. He's drifted from 4's to 6's so I've closed out on him, I fancy going in as a backer now as I'm sure he'll trade lower but with again no trial and maybe no bushtucker trial and the likliehood of new campmates going in soon I'll hold off for now and see what happens tomorrow. Same applies to Jennie, seems pretty dull but it's so early on and that 7's looks tempting but no trial, new campmates = likely to be higher tomorrow. Glad to see my 8's on Toff has paid off , bit of a pity to see her bitchy side come out so early with the moaning about Amir so I've taken some profit out of her as it's a layers book right now with new campmates expected. Only real trade for me at the moment is laying that Jamie around 7's, I see that as far too low and really don't rate his chances of winning.

It'll be interesting to see what Iain Lee trades at as I have a big green waiting for the newcomers, I quite like the guy but imagine he'll be very much marmite with the viewers. I certainly can't pick a winner at this point but from a trading perspective there's no need to get the winner in these markets as they're generally very fluid fro day to day this early on.
Dublin_Flyer

Celebrity is quite the misnomer in the show title, should be "I'm stuck for 50 grand 2017" :lol:
powlesy2000

Did ok scalping "Toff" last night.....thought she came across well, early signs its between her and Jamie

Not sure the public will stick with Stanley, got a feeling he might say something inappropriate(without realising) at some point.

Jennie - the most likely to walk

btw - find it helps on this kind of event to check my wifes views on the contestants before trading!
brunty122

I haven't managed to see tonight's episode yet, will probably watch it tomorrow now. Just went to have a look at the odds and Jack Maynard is now 630!!! :lol: :roll: Seems he has withdrawn
ljr

brunty122 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:38 pm
I haven't managed to see tonight's episode yet, will probably watch it tomorrow now. Just went to have a look at the odds and Jack Maynard is now 630!!! :lol: :roll: Seems he has withdrawn
He’s left the show apparently or they got rid of him because of some tweets he made a few years ago. In this day and age the past doesn’t belong in the past... especially when he’s only a young kid.. oh the joys of social media 😟
ljr

He’s left the show apparently or they got rid of him because of some tweets he made a few years ago. In this day and age the past doesn’t belong in the past... especially when he’s only a young kid.. oh the joys of social media 😟

I think that’s the reason anyway.. that’s the news from my daughter
Kafkaesque

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:35 pm
I thought that Jack came across quite badly for a reality show, far too self centered
I don't really do reality, neither as entertainment or trading. But from the bits and pieces I've seen, what I hear from people talking etc., then far too self-centered....for a reality show seems like some serious mental issues :lol:

On a more serious, isn't this risky business compared to horse or other sport trading, as evidenced by the guy being talked up in the opening post going out to a completely unrecoverable position, in no time (I assume)? One big mistake from a contestant on the show, or something from the past being dug up by the press, and you've got an unmanageable position on your hands surely. Not judging, but it seems more like a guilty pleasure, just like the show itself, rather than serious trading. Or?
spreadbetting

No real difference to any high risk sport market, you could just as easily back a faller in a horse race and have no chance to recover. It's all about managing your risk and the way you approach the markets. From my point of view I always had him as a loser in my book so worked out fine, I was surprised to still be able to lay some 20's when it was announced on TV, god knows how that info hadn't slipped out.

I know people like to see the reality markets as a bit of a joke and that's fine by me , the more people who throw a few quid into the market with no real thought the better.

Return to “General discussion”