I'm a Celebrity 2017!!

A place to discuss anything.
brunty122

I haven't managed to see tonight's episode yet, will probably watch it tomorrow now. Just went to have a look at the odds and Jack Maynard is now 630!!! :lol: :roll: Seems he has withdrawn
ljr

brunty122 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:38 pm
I haven't managed to see tonight's episode yet, will probably watch it tomorrow now. Just went to have a look at the odds and Jack Maynard is now 630!!! :lol: :roll: Seems he has withdrawn
He’s left the show apparently or they got rid of him because of some tweets he made a few years ago. In this day and age the past doesn’t belong in the past... especially when he’s only a young kid.. oh the joys of social media 😟
ljr

He’s left the show apparently or they got rid of him because of some tweets he made a few years ago. In this day and age the past doesn’t belong in the past... especially when he’s only a young kid.. oh the joys of social media 😟

I think that’s the reason anyway.. that’s the news from my daughter
Kafkaesque

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:35 pm
I thought that Jack came across quite badly for a reality show, far too self centered
I don't really do reality, neither as entertainment or trading. But from the bits and pieces I've seen, what I hear from people talking etc., then far too self-centered....for a reality show seems like some serious mental issues :lol:

On a more serious, isn't this risky business compared to horse or other sport trading, as evidenced by the guy being talked up in the opening post going out to a completely unrecoverable position, in no time (I assume)? One big mistake from a contestant on the show, or something from the past being dug up by the press, and you've got an unmanageable position on your hands surely. Not judging, but it seems more like a guilty pleasure, just like the show itself, rather than serious trading. Or?
spreadbetting

No real difference to any high risk sport market, you could just as easily back a faller in a horse race and have no chance to recover. It's all about managing your risk and the way you approach the markets. From my point of view I always had him as a loser in my book so worked out fine, I was surprised to still be able to lay some 20's when it was announced on TV, god knows how that info hadn't slipped out.

I know people like to see the reality markets as a bit of a joke and that's fine by me , the more people who throw a few quid into the market with no real thought the better.
Naffman

Jack Maynard been booted off because he said n*****r in a tweet 5 years ago.

Unbelievable decision, PC knows no bound.
Euler

Probably a trading tip in there, search a celebrity's tweets for a trading opportunity.
spreadbetting

"Booted off the show" :) Gotta love the likes of the Daily Mail and Sun creating a bit of moral outrage amongst their readers.

I think it's more a case of his management getting him out so he can try and rescue his 'career' by answering allegations against him which are more than some 6 year old tweets from what I've seen.
brunty122

I'm really surprised either himself or his management didn't delete the tweets before he went on.
LeTiss

Political correctness, the modern day evil of this world!

It goes against everything we stand for in the free world - brainwashing and gagging people, turning us all into Zombies
sionascaig

I'm looking forward to SPOTY and further Paradise paper revelations (should be quite a few impacted other than LewisH)...
Kafkaesque

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Political correctness, the modern day evil of this world!

It goes against everything we stand for in the free world - brainwashing and gagging people, turning us all into Zombies
I'm confused....are you saying PC is brainwashing and gagging people, or that this is what we stand for in the free world? :?

The thing is, I kinda think both statements are true in their own way.
brunty122

Just had a look at his actual tweets and it really is bonkers he has had to withdraw due to them :shock:

Anyway, going to have another go as Stanley has drifted to 7.2. Quite like the look of that :)
SeaHorseRacing

sionascaig wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:56 pm
I'm looking forward to SPOTY and further Paradise paper revelations (should be quite a few impacted other than LewisH)...
Anthony Joshua if hes fights Parker and Wilder next year and stays unbeaten he will defiatley win spoty next year. Have a hedge plan mapped up already for next year.
Naffman

Very big if though SHR.

He looks very beatable IMO, Parker is awful so shouldn't be him but Wilder and Fury (if he comes back) definitely stand a chance.

Good marketing by Eddie Hearn though to make him the nice guy of boxing who still lives with his mum :lol: suppose his bank balance won't be complaining.

Return to “General discussion”