Best trading manual

A place to discuss anything.
phillywilly72

So I know Peter has his own manual if you go on the masterclass day but if you are someone who hasn't got that one what other traders manual would you recommend?
Dallas

The forum isn't really intended for people to post links to or recommend a competitors product
iambic_pentameter

PhillyWilly72,

I'm not sure of what sports you are looking to trade or your level of experience but, the best advice I can offer is this:

Spend as much time in your chosen market as possible and use small stakes - £2 to start with all be fine.

I speak from experience when I tell you that you will learn far more by being in the markets than any manual will teach you.

Obviously you need to spend some time with Bet Angel to make sure you understand how it all works.

The Bet Angel YouTube channel has a huge amount of information on it and, of course, so do the forums as well.

Best of luck on your journey,

Iambic
phillywilly72

Sorry but as Peter doesn't have one So I thought it wouldn't hurt. Please remove if unsuitable
Kafkaesque

There's lots of good stuff right here:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=78
Euler

My work has been plagiarised heavily, so I am thinking of producing an 'official' work to help people out. Most of the plagiarised stuff is from years ago and attempts to rework it to make it look different have simply led to its original meaning is completely lost. It's so rife now, I think the time is right to produce a 'real' guide.
Korattt

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:22 pm
PhillyWilly72,

I'm not sure of what sports you are looking to trade or your level of experience but, the best advice I can offer is this:

Spend as much time in your chosen market as possible and use small stakes - £2 to start with all be fine.

I speak from experience when I tell you that you will learn far more by being in the markets than any manual will teach you.

Obviously you need to spend some time with Bet Angel to make sure you understand how it all works.

The Bet Angel YouTube channel has a huge amount of information on it and, of course, so do the forums as well.

Best of luck on your journey,

Iambic
I very much agree with this, truth be told I have quite possibly acquired every online pro sports exchange traders information by the way of guides, video packs so on & so forth, with what I've learn't is that the markets have evolved since a lot of it was published so what I'm trying to say is..

Stay here & don't stray anywhere else, why?, because this forum for me is the most valuable what with experience & innovation, things may not appear straight forward at first with trading but if you persevere you really will see the opportunities that become available to you, just depends on how badly you want this and to what cost.. (literally), you just need to put the effort in, and then some.
Iron

Will you be putting material in it which isn't included in your videos?
Euler wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:58 am
My work has been plagiarised heavily, so I am thinking of producing an 'official' work to help people out.
Iron

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:22 pm

+1

You'll encounter countless theories about what works and doesn't here and on the internet.

Those theories are useful starting points, but the best way to find a winning methodology is to experiment in the market, initially with small stakes.

Jeff
Iron

Anyone bought this manual? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sports-Trading ... ds=betfair

I'm guessing that, as this isn't a rival product to BA, there is no problem with me posting this link?

Jeff
Euler

This is a good example of what I was talking about. Wayne Bailey came on a course of mine ages ago and used the content in his book without crediting me. But that content is out of date now and some errors were made in the translation. He would not have had prior knowledge of the information. I doubt he would ever be able to prove that he has ever traded seriously TBH. But that seems to be the norm in the market, so not unusual in that respect.

I dislike making comments like that, but it is absolutely true. I could easily write something much better, just by being accurate and having had a lot of experience in the market. It really is the blind leading the blind a lot of the time out there. I'd hoped that the trading community would see through that, but I think the appeal of GRQ is just too overwhelming.
iambic_pentameter

Interesting comments, Peter - I bought the book and some bits were okay but I've learnt more from watching YouTube channels and being active in the market.

I would go outside, light a bonfire and burn it, but I got the Kindle version :P

I don't think the issue of GRQ will ever go away - the bottom line being, that topics like trading discipline, losing money whilst you learn, small stakes don't really lend themselves to a marketing letter.

Whereas:

Dear Friend,

Not so long ago, I was stuck in the 9-5 rat race. I had very little money and life was passing me by but now, my life has changed for the better.

How would you like to make money watching sport?
How would you like to work for less than 4 hours per day?
How would you like to be able to make money from the beach?
How would you like to end up disappointed, feel short-changed and have the sickening feeling that you've been had?

Well, send me £47 and I'll reveal the EXACT method I use - and trust me, it's SO simple, anyone with a laptop, a broadband connection and a cheese grater can do it.

Yours

Mr Con Artist

PS: Sign up today and I'll bundle my free report on how to automate the whole process (£29 value)

Will always sell better. :mrgreen:

Iambic
sionascaig

Just a thought but Linus posted this link in a previous thread (about machine learning)...

https://medium.com/

It has an interesting business model where you can get remunerated based on views / likes & seems to contain articles from mainstream media organisations as well. Maybe a suitable place to publish any future articles...

Look forward to reading them however they come out )
Trader Pat

When I started out trading I fell into the same trap as a lot of newbies, I bought e-books from most of the usual suspects which I still have buried on my hard drive. Was doing a spring clean the other day and came across them so had a read... to anybody thinking of buying them dont. Its just recycled BS that for the most part can be figured out after looking at any market for 10 minutes and they all just parrot each other, theres nothing unique to one thats not in the other.

I've been on Peter's masterclass which improved my trading greatly and still have the manual I got with the course on my desk. Needless to say theres iniformation within that you wont find anywhere else and I still us it as a reference.

My advice would be to sign up for one of the courses that BA do but if you cant for whatever reason dont throw money away on any of the ebooks you can get from these others guys, the money would be better spent backing the outsider of a 20 runner field!
Iron

I don't know what he is like as a trader, but I won't be subscribing to his tipping service!

https://www.racing-index.com/tipsters/p ... acing.html

Those ROIs are about what you'd expect from laying at random! 😂

Return to “General discussion”