Horse Racing Pundits On TV!!!!!!

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

bennyboy351 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:14 pm
IMHO,
If Pundits were THAT good, they'd keep their 'gobs' shut and quietly 'clean up'.........Stands to reason! I mean, if you've got a sure-fire, can't lose, gonna make me a bl**dy fortune 'idea', why tell the world?

If anyone's interested, just send me £1000 via Western Union and I'll tell you straight up - nothing held back - how NOT to lose money! LOL ;)
Betting isn't about finding "sure-fire, can't lose" selections - it's all about obtaining value. If a T.V. pundit has backed a 7/2 shot that really has a 5/2 chance of winning there is absolutely no reason why he wouldn't tip it and say what he thinks. What's he got to lose?
aperson

I'm glad the Irish racing is moving to RUK next year. Fast pics, no ads and pundits aren't generally quite as annoying. Matt Chapman behaves like a child with ADHD.
Black Ice

I agree aperson re Matt Chapman...a very good analogy!! Must remember that one!! Don't know if i hate MC or his predecessor more!! ...that idiot buffoon & all round mega mysoginist with the ultra stupid hats..McCririck. Had to put up with him leering into the camera for years
ShaunWhite

aperson wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:08 pm
I'm glad the Irish racing is moving to RUK next year. Fast pics,
Fast pics? Recently my RUK stream as been delayed by about 13s lately. It used to be about 3 or 4. Anyone else noticed similar?
spreadbetting

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:36 pm

The reason there are pundits is simply to encourage more betting, they're no different to a presenter on QVC flogging any other product.
Exactly, those channels rely on revenue from the bookie adverts to keep going so they, and racing tbh, need characters to draw people in. McCririck might have been clueless and irritating but it's people like him that bring in the punters. Can't imagine many people tune in to see that guy on RUK who looks like he's no teeth and does the analysis, in fact I'd imagine their viewing figures are pretty much nil when the racing's over for the day.
mhorro

Thanks for the comments everyone It was great. :D

I remember the Channel 4 morning line years ago John Francom etc. and Jockey guests and they seemed more candid on their opinions.

I remember the great late Walter Swinburn and characters from the past, great characters.

In this day and age we cannot say boo to a goose as it has all gone far too PC and money is involved.

Sorry I have an excuse I am 50 a middle age man! My kids have to put up with this every day!!!!!

PS: Do not get me started on Footballers weekly wages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
ShaunWhite

mhorro wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:27 pm
PS: Do not get me started on Footballers weekly wages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why do we persist in quoting footballers wages weekly?

£5m a year for a person at the very pinnacle of their profession (sport, movies, music, business etc etc) is fairly normal, but say 100 grand a week and it causes outrage. It's all just supply and demand anyway and clubs will only pay a wage if they think they can return a profit on it somewhere down the line. No player's going to refuse it either so unless you get into the merky world of chosing what jobs have wage control you're stuck with it.

It's the opposite of when governments quote costs in billions, utterly pointless and designed to baffle. £1bn a year is only 60p a week from every working person in the country .....much more understandable.

Take a deep breath mhorro, at your age it doesn't do to let your blood pressure get too high, unless it's for a good reason :)
Derek27

He said don't get him started on footballer's weekly wages. ;)
ShaunWhite

I'm trying to get him off weekly wages and onto annual ones with full images rights and promotional obligations. And how else are you going to get a multi millionaire to live in some of the most grim industrial towns in cold drizzly England. :?
Derek27

I suppose asking not to start an argument on a particular subject not previously mentioned, is in effect, starting the argument. :)
aperson

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:55 pm
aperson wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:08 pm
I'm glad the Irish racing is moving to RUK next year. Fast pics,
Fast pics? Recently my RUK stream as been delayed by about 13s lately. It used to be about 3 or 4. Anyone else noticed similar?
If you are talking about an online stream that may be the case. The TV pics I get through sky are pretty close to real time, no more than 1 second behind.
invisiblelayer

Racing UK have the ones worth listening to Melish, Freemantle, Candelora.

I don't listen for tips off any as form my own opinions but lovely to hear people that put the work in, Majority just read of Racing Post spotlights then throw in some lovely cliches to make them sound experts. Zoey Bird, Simon Muppetheadtoft etc. I'd be more than happy to Racing UK to have the LOT. Especially seeing that ATR is re-branding to Sky Sports Racing next year and that will defiantly come under a big price increase as it will be in the sports package.

Return to “General discussion”