Completely daft messages on social media

A place to discuss anything.
Euler

I've got familiar with the sort of things you see posted on social media. Because people can post anonymously under aliases people seem to think they can say anything without fear of being caught. I've generally ignored, blocked or deleted some of the incredibly daft things that people say. But I wonder if I am missing a trick? Should I just have a laugh at the stupidity of it all, do a video on them? Or would that just encourage more?

I'd be interested in your views on how best to deal with the sort of abuse you get on social media. Here is an example from this weekend: -

2018-03-19_11-26-55.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

I can imagine it must be really frustrating having people spread false information on social media, but it's really a case of the ignorant misleading other ignorant people, who believe anything they hear or whatever the want to believe.
ShaunWhite

It's very unlightly(sic) that you win Peter. :lol:
LeTiss

That isn't a daft message Peter, that is slander

That is basically somebody who tried trading, and blew their bank when chasing losers
to75ne

ignore as long as you can otherwise you just egg them on so to speak. if they start slagging/insulting members of your family then thats a different matter but otherwise ignore it robs them of the attention they seek and thats probably why they do it., for attention.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:40 pm
It's very unlightly(sic) that you win Peter. :lol:
I wasn't sure if "shite" was meant to be shit or site. :lol:

Edit: or did he mean shitty?
Last edited by Derek27 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euler

to75ne wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:55 pm
ignore as long as you can otherwise you just egg them on so to speak. if they start slagging/insulting members of your family then thats a different matter but otherwise ignore it robs them of the attention they seek and thats probably why they do it., for attention.
Ignoring doesn't seem to do much as they just carry on. Deleting or blocking means they get even worse. Just wondering if I should throw the book at somebody to prove a point, but that's not really my style. I just get on and do it and hope people can see through the chaff.
LeTiss

Euler wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:07 pm

Ignoring doesn't seem to do much as they just carry on. Deleting or blocking means they get even worse. Just wondering if I should throw the book at somebody to prove a point, but that's not really my style. I just get on and do it and hope people can see through the chaff.
The fact you've ignored them, probably shows why you're in the top 0.5% of traders, Peter

Most of us are too emotional to let bastards ruin our name, and do nothing about it :lol:

I would have already found out where that man eats and shops by now!!
jimibt

LeTiss wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:10 pm
I would have already found out where that man eats and shops by now!!
mcdonalds and iceland...
Euler

I kept a record of comments just in case. But there are so many I think it would be impossible to deal with them all, you have to ignore.
sionascaig

Have a look at Ricky Gervais's Humanity show (on Netflix). He talks about his own experiences and gives some examples. Might not solve your problem but at least you will get a laugh )
LeTiss

Euler wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:14 pm
I kept a record of comments just in case. But there are so many I think it would be impossible to deal with them all, you have to ignore.
Jealousy is horrible trait, and I think it's part of our culture

If you were American, you'd probably have your own TV Show, and be hailed as a financial expert, or some kind of genius
Euler

Having spent a lot of time in the US, I'd agree with that.
ruthlessimon

The problem is the fact it's a mathematical certainty trading won't work for a good number of people - so this'll continue

jimibt

ruthlessimon wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:26 pm
The problem is the fact it's a mathematical certainty trading won't work for a good number of people - so this'll continue

+1

Return to “General discussion”