A place to discuss anything.
Trader Pat

Alas I can't see his twitter feed anymore as I'm blocked 💔 :D
spreadbetting

It's like these ones here

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZYLPwEXcAAtlxo.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZYRnXrUQAIuZAf.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZYPEOmU8AA4NDP.jpg

He's just faffing around with £10 bets but the profit has come from simply laying a £50 bet and closing out for pennies in running once the chance has gone. That's not trading and no doubt his pnl screen will have lots of losers where he couldn't get out of his £50 lay bet but I guess he'll always have plenty of people willing to pay for his wisdom as he shows a green screen.
Euler

2018-05-25_15-59-58.png

A cracker this week. You have to feel this must be a competitor or somebody with a vested interest? Else why post something like that? Especially when Betdaq used my 28 in a row at Cheltenham as a promotion. It's got to be in the hope that somebody sees a comment like that and starts to doubt things. I really wish people had to authenticate their accounts so you could see who was actually behind these sorts of comments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

You really shouldn't let it bother you. If you're going to have a public profile I'm afraid there'll always be the few dickheads like that.

Anyone who seriously looks into trading, BA & you will soon sort the fact from the fiction and see what I tiny minority they are. Anyway most people these days is used to seeing posts from haters and trolls and unless they become overwhelming they're pretty much ignored.

Can you name any public figure from business, sport, politics, movies or music that doesn't get this sort of thing? If you plan to fight it and defend yourself you're wasting your time and risk looking over defensive and paradoid which would only give them more fuel.

I wish I was so successful and influential that I attracted haters :)
ShaunWhite

.... even if it is someone with a vested interest or a competitor, if you're in business that sort of shit happens whether you're a painter and decorator on Facebook or a multinational. You've been around the block Peter, you know how the world turns, and the bigger you are the worse it's going to get, so rise above it or get out of the publicity game before it eats you up.
Euler

I've got a really thick skin now, so it doesn't bother me. I just find it curious that people do this sort of thing.
LeTiss

Euler wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 7:23 pm
I've got a really thick skin now, so it doesn't bother me. I just find it curious that people do this sort of thing.
I have no idea how you stay so restrained and professional.

In the eyes of traders you have a very public image, and a superb piece of software that you own.

In my opinion, Carl Wilson isn't just a twat, he's actually guilty of slander
to75ne

who is carl wilson?
foxwood

"carl wilson trader" on Google turns up the Beach Boys and a song called Trader :lol:
Dallas

You never know when the PPI deadline finally arrives next August this could be the next big thing for those type of companies

'Suffered abuse and slanderous abuse online in the last 5 years we can sue for damages and loss of revenue from parties or persons responsible on your behalf text XXXXX and one of our qualified advisors will call you straight back to assess your cases'

All cases are on a 'No sue no fee basis'

It would certainly be more welcomed than PPI
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 7:23 pm
People always have and always will. Bitching and backstabbing, feuding and fighting, all part of normal daily life for the great unwashed. It's curious but I'm sure they'd find your personality curious too. It's just life's rich tapestry.

Btw obv not saying your personality is curious, just radically different to theirs.
Derek27

He does not make money trading.
In my view people who lack intelligence will read an article and decide if they want to believe it, in effect, believing what they want to believe, and I'm sure we all know such people. The more intelligent will decide if the evidence supports the conclusion when making judgements. Those who state facts like the above quote when they're obviously just guessing and don't use words like 'I doubt' or 'I don't believe' will never be listened to, except by those who are hearing what they want. :)
mcgoo

He does not make money trading.
Tw*t :roll:
Korattt

that's why I become disinterested with Twitter, used to be on there all the time, just became a waste of valuable time in the end
LeTiss

Korattt wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 12:07 pm
that's why I become disinterested with Twitter, used to be on there all the time, just became a waste of valuable time in the end
I thought it was on YouTube that Peter got that message. I might be wrong though

Return to “General discussion”