Completely daft messages on social media

A place to discuss anything.
Allan R

Anna List wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:10 pm
50% of the people in this world have a below average IQ. I find that a scary thought.

There are some smart cookies on this forum. Out there, in the wider betting world, it's a different story. Go into any betting shop at random and listen to the jibber jabber that takes place. It's frightening. How on earth some of them manage to tie their shoe laces of a morning is beyond me. It therefore comes as a shock that some of them even learn to read and write and find their way on to social media.

We live in a democracy. We wouldn't like our freedom of speech to be curtailed and therefore, we have no right to curtail the freedom of others, regardless of how much we may dislike and/or reject hearing the thoughts of others. Someone once said, I may not agree with what you say but I will defend your right to say it.

Bookmakers, to a great extent, have become expert in the exploitation of human weaknesses in order to acquire wealth. On the one hand, we are all responsible for our own well-being. On the other, it would not be a caring society that ignores the weak and less fortunate.

There are people in this life who see gambling as some kind of ill that afflicts society and takes advantage of the vulnerable. Maybe the social media poster is of this ilk, maybe not. Maybe the poster sees you, Peter, as being a part of this ill, maybe not. Right now, you don't know the nature of his angst or why.

You could ignore him, of course, but this could be seen by many as an admission that the poster is correct.on't forget that 50% of those on social media are as thick as trees. Ignoring him could also inflame the situation. Some people take umbrage at being ignored.

In your position, I would ask him for proof of his claims. If he takes a hike, he will be seen as holding fresh air. If he responds, you might then be in a better position to defend. Someone once said, if you intend to retaliate, first know thine enemy.

There again, I'm not you and I'm not in your position.

Hope this helps.
"50% of the people in this world have a below average IQ. I find that a scary thought."

We used to live in caves and rub sticks together to make fire..We have come a long way...Dont be scared.. :roll:

"Go into any betting shop at random and listen to the jibber jabber that takes place. It's frightening."

Why would anyone do this?..The words you use in this post, would suggest you dont spend much time in the bookies.
How frightening is it?? :roll:

"How on earth some of them manage to tie their shoe laces of a morning is beyond me. It therefore comes as a shock that some of them even learn to read and write and find their way on to social media."

Not everybody has the same opportunities in life, leading to them having less knowledge than others..
Someone with a low "IQ" could be a great football player or a great artist...or even a great trader :D

"it would not be a caring society that ignores the weak and less fortunate"

See above comments??. :lol:

"You could ignore him, of course, but this could be seen by many as an admission that the poster is correct."

I could not disagree more..A comment from a guy with no name..Against Peter Webb!..The guy lost the moment he had the idea :lol: ..And the trading community know this.

This is all, just my opinion..i have no proof of claims :shock:
Just one last thing.....UMBRAGE...WT.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
threedogs

Allan R wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:43 pm
Anna List wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:10 pm
50% of the people in this world have a below average IQ. I find that a scary thought.

There are some smart cookies on this forum. Out there, in the wider betting world, it's a different story. Go into any betting shop at random and listen to the jibber jabber that takes place. It's frightening. How on earth some of them manage to tie their shoe laces of a morning is beyond me. It therefore comes as a shock that some of them even learn to read and write and find their way on to social media.

We live in a democracy. We wouldn't like our freedom of speech to be curtailed and therefore, we have no right to curtail the freedom of others, regardless of how much we may dislike and/or reject hearing the thoughts of others. Someone once said, I may not agree with what you say but I will defend your right to say it.

Bookmakers, to a great extent, have become expert in the exploitation of human weaknesses in order to acquire wealth. On the one hand, we are all responsible for our own well-being. On the other, it would not be a caring society that ignores the weak and less fortunate.

There are people in this life who see gambling as some kind of ill that afflicts society and takes advantage of the vulnerable. Maybe the social media poster is of this ilk, maybe not. Maybe the poster sees you, Peter, as being a part of this ill, maybe not. Right now, you don't know the nature of his angst or why.

You could ignore him, of course, but this could be seen by many as an admission that the poster is correct.on't forget that 50% of those on social media are as thick as trees. Ignoring him could also inflame the situation. Some people take umbrage at being ignored.

In your position, I would ask him for proof of his claims. If he takes a hike, he will be seen as holding fresh air. If he responds, you might then be in a better position to defend. Someone once said, if you intend to retaliate, first know thine enemy.

There again, I'm not you and I'm not in your position.

Hope this helps.
"50% of the people in this world have a below average IQ. I find that a scary thought."

We used to live in caves and rub sticks together to make fire..We have come a long way...Dont be scared.. :roll:

"Go into any betting shop at random and listen to the jibber jabber that takes place. It's frightening."

Why would anyone do this?..The words you use in this post, would suggest you dont spend much time in the bookies.
How frightening is it?? :roll:

"How on earth some of them manage to tie their shoe laces of a morning is beyond me. It therefore comes as a shock that some of them even learn to read and write and find their way on to social media."

Not everybody has the same opportunities in life, leading to them having less knowledge than others..
Someone with a low "IQ" could be a great football player or a great artist...or even a great trader :D

"it would not be a caring society that ignores the weak and less fortunate"

See above comments??. :lol:

"You could ignore him, of course, but this could be seen by many as an admission that the poster is correct."

I could not disagree more..A comment from a guy with no name..Against Peter Webb!..The guy lost the moment he had the idea :lol: ..And the trading community know this.

This is all, just my opinion..i have no proof of claims :shock:
Just one last thing.....UMBRAGE...WT.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Off subject but I once did the Great North run and came in about 18000th out of 38000 runners and was moaning to my friend saying eighteen thousand runners have beaten me and he replied immediately that I had also beaten twenty thousand other runners which made me feel better .....
JTEDL

I see a certain 3 'pro traders' got a bit of grief on twitter yesterday when they announced an 'Exclusive Pro Trader Event sponsored by Betfair' ;)
Naffman

Billed as 'trading is set to change forever' and then they come up with that :P
LeTiss

JTEDL wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:31 am
I see a certain 3 'pro traders' got a bit of grief on twitter yesterday when they announced an 'Exclusive Pro Trader Event sponsored by Betfair' ;)
I have 3 differing opinions on those guys -

Mark Iverson is worth listening to. He has tremendous knowledge on trading cricket, and retains humility in his approach to other traders. A knowledgeable, classy guy

Steve Howe, I went off. He was a tremendously entertaining guy in the early days of being Mugs, and was always full of great advice. However, he then started to suck his own dick and considered himself the new Peter Webb, offering videos and courses in that drab Brummy accent. No thanks

Caan Berry is simply a full on bellend
JTEDL

LOL, you don't mince your words!

Had to laugh at few of the comments they got, one suggesting was just an excuse for a p*ss up, which must admit does look like will be the main event....
PDC

LeTiss wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:50 am
Caan Berry is simply a full on bellend
I wish people would say what they actually meant ;) :lol:
Emmson

Must grate when the master is being constantly undercut by the pupil.
arbitrage16

LeTiss wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:50 am
JTEDL wrote:
Steve Howe, I went off. He was a tremendously entertaining guy in the early days of being Mugs, and was always full of great advice. However, he then started to suck his own dick and considered himself the new Peter Webb, offering videos and courses in that drab Brummy accent. No thanks
oh god he's not had the temerity to go out and try to help people has he?! I haven't done the PW course, but from everyone I've spoken to it's usually a 'meh'. Mugs gives a proven understanding of how to extract profit from the market on a consistent basis. Can people from the PW course say the same?

And what has his accent got to do with it, incredibly snobby comment, get a grip.
Euler

I don't want the forum to be a place to stick it to others, but I'm pretty sure most people are unaware of some of the history.

So to contradict that last statement...

SH.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jukebox

Euler that's quite an 'owzat
ruthlessimon

JTEDL wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:22 pm
just an excuse for a p*ss up
& it won't even be that good

My insider (god rest his forum soul), reckoned Peter was an absolute party animal off the screens 8-)
Trader Pat

arbitrage16 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:58 pm
oh god he's not had the temerity to go out and try to help people has he?! I haven't done the PW course, but from everyone I've spoken to it's usually a 'meh'. Mugs gives a proven understanding of how to extract profit from the market on a consistent basis. Can people from the PW course say the same?
I think I've posted about this before but I'll happily type a few lines about it again.

I did the BA Masterclass course several years ago and in September of 2016 I did the Horse Racing Workshop. I got a lot from the workshop in particular as it was held on a Friday so we got the chance to see PW in action in live markets. He spent the morning discussing all kinds of stuff to do with the upcoming racing markets and certain indicators that could be used to spot an opportunity. When the racing started he pulled approx £300 from 3 markets while utilising 1 particular indicator he had spoken a lot about in the morning. This was pretty impressive as he was able to put into practice exactly the plan he had discussed in the morning, right down to identifying at least 2 of these markets as possible opportunities hours before the racing even started. So in answer to the question I would say its a big yes.

I can't speak about any of the 3 guys mentioned above but 1 of them several months back posted a video of a trade he did on a pre off horse race which left me amazed because while he was talking about the positions he had in the market and the logic behind them the market was very clearly about to move in the opposite direction. He still didnt seem to grasp this until it actually snapped back, I dont think he lost any money but for someone who's classed as a professional trader I found it very surprising he couldnt see what I could!

Even the worst of the worst who class themselves as professional traders (none of the above) have followers on social media who think they're geniuses so people will always believe who and what they want. C'est la vie!
invisiblelayer

JTEDL wrote:
Grief from folk that cowardly they don't even have names or real pictures to their Twitter handles so pretty apt it's on a thread about daft social media comments. It's not something I'm personally interested in but can see it being great for folk starting out and could bring more money to the market's so why the grief with Betfair getting behind them? Seems a positive thing even though no interest in it myself
ShaunWhite

Social media is all about either rampant egotism, selling sh!t, or bitching. often all at the same time. None of those interest me so I don't read it and anyone who takes any of it seriously really needs to get a grip.

Return to “General discussion”