Completely daft messages on social media

A place to discuss anything.
PDC

i thought they were all getting on these days, it wasn't that long ago I saw a post of them all out for the night after some event, maybe a year or so ago.

But yes, the twitter wars seem to have started again. There was one tweet that disappointed me, it highlighted that Bet Angel had changed the title of a series of forum threads from 'Trading for newbies - Part x' to 'Betfair trading made simple' - Part x. Obviously this is the title of Caan's book.

viewforum.php?f=2

I can't think of any reason why Bet Angel/Peter would do this other than the obvious which really disappointed me as given all of Peter's previous posts on this thread etc I thought he was above such things. I would like it if it could be explained as just a coincidence but I can't see that being possible.

The fact Caan is still using a picture of himself with Peter on twitter as his header is also surprising, he appears to be using someone else's reputation to help promote himself.

Then as for The Geek effectively saying Bet Angel just copies other peoples features I just had to laugh. Yes of course Bet Angel have picked up features in other peoples software such as PIQ but I think it is pretty clear that Bet Angel is largely ploughing its own field in development. I think it is something like 2 years since The Geek did an update to his software.

I wish they could all just get on and help promote the industry to the benefit of all with no underhand things from any of them as at present they are all to one extent or another damaging the industry.
LeTiss

The only reason why BA introduced PIQ is because there were countless of requests on here.

Peter wants to offer a product that assists traders, but as a businessman he also wants to keep his customers satisfied.

He wasn't 100% sure of PIQ, especially with XM, and he has been proven correct - I use the PIQ feature as a guide, but I wouldn't rely on it, as it's not perfect in it's accuracy

All businesses look at their competitors and try to replicate what they like, but to try belittle their oppponents with catty remarks on social media doesn't impress me. It might others though, so each to their own
spreadbetting

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:23 pm

All businesses look at their competitors and try to replicate what they like, but to try belittle their oppponents with catty remarks on social media doesn't impress me. It might others though, so each to their own
If you're going to rename threads to the title of someone's book, to pick up internet traffic, surely you've got to expect some flak.

At this time of the year you expect a few panto villians to pop up and unless Peter starts posting up traveller type 'call out' videos or Caan sticks up a drill video I doubt there's anything to be arsed about.
ShaunWhite

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:27 pm
If you're going to rename threads to the title of someone's book, to pick up internet traffic, surely you've got to expect some flak.
It's a really low blow to someone he must surely see as inconsequential compared to his 'biggest ever' status. Esp as xmas is the biggest time for book sales. 'Well he did it first Miss' will probably be the defence, but I really thought he was a big enough 'name' not to get involved in this type disappointing and undignified bs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAk4OAAzZBs
Trader Pat

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:23 pm
The only reason why BA introduced PIQ is because there were countless of requests on here.
Same with candlesticks I seem to remember... there was a lot of posts to the tune of 'other software has it why can't Bet Angel'

As for posts on social media there's a lot of nastiness that goes on especially on Twitter between traders and a lot of plug my ebook and I'll plug your website kind of stuff. There's a well known trader who posted in his blog that CB wasnt a trader at all but worked full time as windows salesman or something like but then posted pictures of a house which they said was CB's house. If it was his house then that's bang out of order and deserves a smack in the mouth in my book and if false then why bother in the first place?

My point is social media and Twitter especially is just full of nastiness and put downs and snide comments and in fairness to PW he stays above most of it and doesnt respond like for like. Even when I unintentionally created a minor Twitter spat between he and Pepe Le Pew's cousin he stayed above most of the nastiness coming in his direction. I rarely post on Twitter now so I'm more of a lurker than a poster but the internet in general has and always will be full of keyboard warriors and so most of what they say needs to be viewed in that context unless it's obviously attacking youre character.
JTEDL

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:34 pm
Pepe Le Pew's cousin
Think I know who you mean LOL! - he was also spouting off couple of nights ago, but later deleted his tweets as usual, but then another person tweeted what he put anyway!

Saw all the CB and GT stuff last night as well.

To be honest I think most would see twitter bitching as a bit of a turn off if considering on paying for anything they sell.

There's also been a bit of cringy 'banter' going on with GT and the 3 'professional traders' doing the 'Exclusive Pro Traders Event' in a couple of months, again this would put me off going.
gutuami

I think the posts on this forum have much more value info then his 2p book and are free. And I would suspect some of the info in the book have been nicked from here as well as other stuff that he replicates from Peter's videos. The latest being "order flow" subject. The only good think caan is doing is muddying the waters the waters. In a way making markets easier to trade.
Trader Pat

JTEDL wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:53 pm

To be honest I think most would see twitter bitching as a bit of a turn off if considering on paying for anything they sell.
Yeah agree with that, if you're selling a product then at the very least you should present yourself professionally.
Trader Pat

gutuami wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:59 pm
I think the posts on this forum have much more value info then his 2p book and are free. And I would suspect some of the info in the book have been nicked from here as well as other stuff that he replicates from Peter's videos. The latest being "order flow" subject. The only good think caan is doing is muddying the waters the waters. In a way making markets easier to trade.
I've noticed in the past a definite correlation between a BA video getting posted then a few months later somebody else posting a video on the same subject
Euler

Social media being what it is, we try and ignore the various shenanigans going on. It’s not the sort of thing we want to see and we shouldn’t rise to it.

It’s not credible to play the 'Bet Angel are trying to leverage off me, isn't that shocking' when the opposite has been happening for many years, but more aggressively in the last year or so. Our IP has been leveraged extensively to drive traffic one way or another. You all saw the Bet Angel ‘Review’. If I did that in reverse can you imagine the outrage? You saw the reaction and the comments on the video. But, of course, that was all made up wasn’t it?

We have been carefully tracking efforts to divert traffic away from us using various SEO tricks and not made a fuss about it, perhaps we should have? But to play the victim when you have been doing this just isn’t credible. It’s interesting to see the reaction when the favour is returned in a very minor way.

Anyhow, I’ve grown a thick skin over the years, and just trust people can see through it all and that more or less seems to be the case. Afterall, I think we attract a unique type of customer and I’m grateful for all of your support. As you know I’ve always wanted the industry to be on a positive footing, but it’s tough to portray what we all do in a positive light at the best of times. But it's almost inevitable that you are going to get a little tit for tat now and again when people use these sorts of tactics.

I've tried hard over many years to build bridges and reconcile differences, but I get the feeling that's not mutual. So I guess that will probably never happen.

We will just keep doing what we do best, which is forging ahead with new developments, responding to customer requests, offering high levels of customer service and pushing the industry forward with fresh ideas.
LeTiss

As I've said to you privately, Peter, your class and professionalism blows me away

If I'd worked to achieve what you had, and people then publicly questioned my achievements, or even worse my integrity, plus competitors made personal insults and tried to get others to join in.................I would be beside myself with bloody rage

I lack your decorum, I'd be in there having a bunfight right now :lol: :lol:
Trader Pat

Euler wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:09 am
Social media being what it is, we try and ignore the various shenanigans going on. It’s not the sort of thing we want to see and we shouldn’t rise to it.
I take my hat off to you for not rising to it, especially some of the more personal stuff.
Naffman

Unbelievable, CB accusing Hugh Taylor of selling out....erm look at yourself mate

https://twitter.com/AtTheRaces/status/1 ... 7373634561
napshnap

Naffman wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:37 am
Unbelievable, CB accusing Hugh Taylor of selling out....erm look at yourself mate

I think caanberry is a betfair marketing department's creature.
stueytrader

napshnap wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:59 am
Naffman wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:37 am

I think caanberry is a betfair marketing department's creature.
I'd doubt that's true, if you read the earlier sections of his blog - he openly describes being useless and losing money. Not sure BF would promote that way.
In any case, promoting use of BF is hardly a bad thing for any of us, if you think about it so it all helps. So, his knocking of bookies prices/promoting of BF is nothing for us to worry about (unless you use the bookies still).

Return to “General discussion”