Best Bot for Arbing?

A place to discuss anything.
Lucacrebbe

Hello, I would like to arbing a little bit (not big sums)
Which bot or software do you reccomend?
ShaunWhite

What exchange do you have access to?
Derek27

Arbing is something you can easily do, and I have done successfully, manually. You don't really need software. But if you want software to search bookie sites to find arbing opportunities then google "arbing software" and you'll find a few.

My advice is don't be fooled by any site that says you can earn £1000 plus per month and better still, don't pay for any software. Just look for free software.
Lucacrebbe

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:01 pm
Arbing is something you can easily do, and I have done successfully, manually. Do don't really need software. But if you want software to search bookie sites to find arbing opportunities then google "arbing software" and you'll find a few.

My advice is don't be fooled by any site that says you can earn £1000 plus per month and better still, don't pay for any software. Just look for free software.

The software is automatic and could run h24 scraping the markets and finding the opportunities.

Dereck come on ... a bot lay and back in seconds..

I would like to arbing between exangers (I am moving to UK)

Are there arbing opportunity among betting exanges like Mathcbook, Betdaq and Betfair?

What is your experience?
Dallas

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:56 pm

Are there arbing opportunity among betting exanges like Mathcbook, Betdaq and Betfair?
Your about 10 years too late, any discrepancies are mopped up very quickly by the tons of very sophisticated pieces of software that people have already created to do this
jimibt

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
Arbing is something you can easily do, and I have done successfully, manually. Do don't really need software. But if you want software to search bookie sites to find arbing opportunities then google "arbing software" and you'll find a few.

The software is automatic and could run h24 scraping the markets and finding the opportunities.

What is your experience?
if it helps, i created a dual purposed glue application about 4-5 years ago that looked for arbs between the Betfair and Betdaq markets using the api's of both on a very aggressive refresh. best day i had, i made about £200, worst day, lost £50. however, there was always a disconnect between bet placement of either exchange which could never guarantee matching at the price that my UI offered. even tho this was using the api to place the trades, i can truthfully say that i must have been matched at the prices i'd been offered as little as 10% of the time.

don't want to burst your bubble but this stuff needs an good understanding of what can go wrong - the main one being that both prices are so transitory that you end up committing to a trade that is a loss maker. in short, if you don't fully understand the issues here, steer well clear. i was then going to go on about commission on the winning exchange balanced against gains ....
Derek27

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

What is your experience?
I once had £50 on a 16-1 winner in a US race. I traded it on the exchange at 5.5 for a free bet and made about £525 - no software needed.

What's the point in running a bot 24/7 if you're backing at 2.46 and laying at 2.44?

Luca, you come up with a different idea every week. If you carry on this way you'll spend the rest of your life looking for ways of making money but never get a chance to put one in practice.

In a previous post you said you're moving to Germany - now it's the UK! If I were you I'd make up my mind what country I'm moving to before worrying about what trading strategy to adopt!

How did your practice mode tennis go? Are you still doing it and is/was it profitable?
Last edited by Derek27 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Derek27

jimibt wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:11 pm
don't want to burst your bubble...
I think he's used to it by now.
Lucacrebbe

''You are about 10 years later''

I hate the guys that are so greedy to ruin other's plans.

No it's not late, because it's EXANGE, CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THIS? IT'S EXANGE, THERE IS NO INTERST CONFLICT IF YOU ARE ARBING.

Sorry but there is nothing that make me angry more than people on internet with the purpose of ruining other's plans with their extremly pessimistic scenario.

in one single match there are a ton of arbing opportunity. And NO, THEY are not ALL TAKEN by ONE SINGLE BOT, please try to think that people out there are not everyone arbing, there are also people making trades, so what's your problem with occasional arbing? Is this impossible thing?
The answer is ''no'''
It's only that you are afraid of competition. Because the less we are, the better.

@Derek Yes, you can do it manually, ok. But With a software scraping the markets day by day there should a lot of hidden arbing opportunity came up, that manually you would not have catch them all
wearthefoxhat

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:49 pm
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

What is your experience?
I once had £50 on a 16-1 winner in a US race. I traded it on the exchange at 5.5 for a free bet and made about £525 - no software needed.

What's the point in running a bot 24/7 if you're backing at 2.46 and laying at 2.44?

Luca, you come up with a different idea every week. If you carry on this way you'll spend the rest of your life looking for ways of making money but never get a chance to put one in practice.

In a previous post you said you're moving to Germany - now it's the UK! If I were you I'd make up my mind what country I'm moving to before worrying about what trading strategy to adopt!

How did your practice mode tennis go? Are you still doing it and is/was it profitable?
As gambling is tax free in the UK and use of exchanges are legal, that's one of his best ideas for sure. Then attend PW's masterclass...everything will be rosy in the garden.
Trader Pat

invisiblelayer

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:24 am
''You are about 10 years later''

I hate the guys that are so greedy to ruin other's plans.

No it's not late, because it's EXANGE, CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THIS? IT'S EXANGE, THERE IS NO INTERST CONFLICT IF YOU ARE ARBING.

Sorry but there is nothing that make me angry more than people on internet with the purpose of ruining other's plans with their extremly pessimistic scenario.

in one single match there are a ton of arbing opportunity. And NO, THEY are not ALL TAKEN by ONE SINGLE BOT, please try to think that people out there are not everyone arbing, there are also people making trades, so what's your problem with occasional arbing? Is this impossible thing?
The answer is ''no'''
It's only that you are afraid of competition. Because the less we are, the better.

@Derek Yes, you can do it manually, ok. But With a software scraping the markets day by day there should a lot of hidden arbing opportunity came up, that manually you would not have catch them all
12 years too late I'd say :lol:
ShaunWhite

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:24 am
in one single match there are a ton of arbing opportunity. And NO, THEY are not ALL TAKEN by ONE SINGLE BOT,
Do you understand that first person to see the arb will take it?

You are trying to enter this game with a wooden tennis racket, no practice, and you ignore your coach. You will be out in the first round.
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShaunWhite

Kafkaesque

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:34 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:56 pm
Song for Luca https://youtu.be/cX-8MHKuQ5I
Or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YCPt03rRRk
Or this news story, which seems eerily spot on for this situation....given that some scammer is in for a payday selling Luca magic beans, whether in the form of a bot or some other get-rich-fast-scheme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgLuGYkckKk

Return to “General discussion”