Living in London

A place to discuss anything.
firlandsfarm

Cards37 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:18 am
Over here we all scratch our heads at Brexit and it seems like the height of insanity - eclipsed only by the Americans electing Trump.
How would you feel if your government said ... Hey great news, we have decided to form an alliance with New Zealand, Polynesia (and others from the South Pacific), it going to be called The SPA. The SPA will be run in part by elected MP's from all countries and in part by Appointees of those countries. Each unelected Appointee will be given an area of government to manage and will set policy (so an unelected Samoan could be responsible for setting out Australia's agricultural policy). Also if an Australian Court gives a final ruling on a legal matter the losing party could appeal to unelected judges within The SPA who could overrule the Australian Court decision and reverse it. The SPA would also have the power to tell the Australian government what laws they have to enact and what laws they cannot enact. Australia will not be able to negotiate it's own trade agreements around the world, these will be negotiated by The SPA and will be binding upon Australia. ... now which is the height of insanity, Brexit or Australia giving away it's ability to govern itself?

As for Trump ... what has he done wrong?

Bandwagon jumping has become a fashionable pastime. If you are not on the latest fashionable bandwagon you are seen as a pariah and a Philistine
firlandsfarm

sa7med wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:59 am
Rapists are rapists because they are rapists, not because they are one religion or another.
That is overly simplistic, some rapists are religiously motivated, it's in their culture. In Pakistan some see tribal gang rape as a punishment with the expectation that the victim will be so ashamed after that she commits suicide. That has nothing to do with "being a rapist". The likes of the recent grooming gangs are not rapists they honestly believe that because of the way western girls dress they are expecting to be raped, it's cultural.

Islam needs to stop living in denial if it wants to integrate with the west.
firlandsfarm

sa7med wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:02 pm
Funnily enough I happen to be a New Yorker and I've been to playgrounds there that are more dangerous than anywhere ive been in London. Can't see how you'd say that considering New York's homicide rate is 3x London's.
Not anymore it's not ... London's murder rate is now higher than New York!
sa7med

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:07 pm
sa7med wrote:
Funnily enough I happen to be a New Yorker and I've been to playgrounds there that are more dangerous than anywhere ive been in London. Can't see how you'd say that considering New York's homicide rate is 3x London's.
Not anymore it's not ... London's murder rate is now higher than New York!
Simply not true. I know this is what some media would have you believe, but it's just not true. Look it up :D
max_usted

Kafkaesque wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:22 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:14 am
We live in a world governed by PC. You cannot have a view on rising Muslim numbers without somebody called you a racist
Followed by
LeTiss wrote:
However, PC has become incredibly dangerous. In a 'free' country, the 2 things which define freedom are -
A) Having the freedom to form your own opinions about things
B) Having the freedom to voice those opinions
Freedom of speech is essential to a free country (and by implication I should be allowed to say what I want about Muslims). Calling you a racist; how dare people SPEAK such words about you. Do you seriously not see the hypocracy?
Accusations of racism play into social taboo. As per any society, if you are accused of breaking social taboo, this can lead to social excommunication which has disastrous consequences for the individual and his/her status. Systemically, speech which is judged to be "racist" will surely also then be supposed to "incite racial hatred". Therefore when you claim someone's speech is "racist", you are likely suggesting (by implication) that it it should be liable for criminal prosecution (under "hate speech" laws).

These are the reasons why it is correct to state that calling someone a "racist" suppresses free speech - it is invoking the power of social taboo, including a real (legal) procedural threat of social redress in our society beyond the fear of exclusion etc that accusations of heresy normally invoke.
LeTiss wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:15 am
But hey, I'm just a run of the mill white guy, what do I know
I somewhat agree with sa7med's response in the very next post, but you did toss it in there at the end of a rant, so....as a white male you (we, as it were, to be clear) have a foot up on the vast majority of the world's population, before you start life's journey. Our ancestors built this priviliged position off the backs, suffering and death of pretty much every other ethnicity on the planet (and women). When this position is under siege, it must be someone else's fault and failings, surely.
What absolute insane and simplistic garbage. What about if you are a white male who's homeless in a white-majority country such as Romania, versus a non-white child who is born into a privileged position in any non-white majority country across this planet? Or if you are a white male in Algeria? And no, we did not "build this privileged position off the backs, suffering and death of pretty much every other ethnicity on the planet (and women)" - again that is painfully simplistic, nonsense guilt-mongering.

By "white male", I think you actually mean "anglo-saxon" male or something like that. We have no reason to feel any more or less guilt than any other ethnic group regards our treatment of out-groups and relative assertion of our interests. In fact we should feel pride at having progressed beyond treating out-group members as slaves, which is the default for most other ethnic groups throughout history. And to claim that, relative to other ethnic groups and pretty much relative to any other civilisation throughout history, that women have endured particular suffering in our (white, anglo-saxon) society is just beyond insane. That's the direct opposite of the truth.
I don't have the solution; I just firmly believe two things.

First that we will not solve the issues at hand by making stoking the fire of us versus them, and creating hate speech on our side of things, as much as some of "them" do.
Religions (very well-organised, usually extremely successful, ideologies) necessarily identity out-groups. Central to Islam is the concept of 'Kuffar', which is that non-believers are "ungrateful". Muslims are educated to understand as all non-Muslims as such (i.e. "kuffar" - a clearly a derogatory reference).

Why on earth - and moreover, how is it sensible that - we constantly refrain from 'stoking us versus them' when for instance Muslims (and it is common to all religions, not just Islam) refer to us in degrading terms *institutionally* and teach their children to do the same via these same institutions? How does that work?

No they have to change their practices first. They are moving to our society and we are integrating them (giving them equal access). Therefore they must change their religion so that they do not refer to members of the host society in derogatory terms. If they do not, then they should be (communally) referred to in derogatory terms by us. That is fair and proportionate.
Secondly that we have absolutely zero right to claim a moral high ground, because we've developed certain principels within the last half a century or so, when we were at least as bad as anyone for much, much longer before then, and arguably still are.
How can we have absolutely no right to claim a moral high ground with regard any of our cultural practices within our own territory, this in comparison to the cultural practices of any new entrant ethnic group? How is that sustainable or practicable? Moreover, how is that even justifiable or correct, given that many of our practices just obviously have better outcomes (in comparison)? For example is our treatment of young females' anatomy as dictated by cultural practice, preferable to the cultural practice of FGM? Or do we have "zero right" to assert that our practice is better (morally superior).
brimson25

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:48 pm
sa7med wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:36 pm
Absolutely, but compare the places you don't go in London to those in NYC. No comparison.
Maybe he should move to Acapulco? Only 30,000 murders last year.
Classic power vacuum, govt wiped out the big cartels and the small gangs are going nuts.
To lighten the tone somewhat, I now have going loco down in Acapulco in my head...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMmBOhM0y2g

That number of murders does sound a bit grimmer than the Four Tops seem to believe... :cry:
max_usted

brimson25 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:41 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:48 pm
sa7med wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:36 pm
Absolutely, but compare the places you don't go in London to those in NYC. No comparison.
Maybe he should move to Acapulco? Only 30,000 murders last year.
Classic power vacuum, govt wiped out the big cartels and the small gangs are going nuts.
To lighten the tone somewhat, I now have going loco down in Acapulco in my head...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMmBOhM0y2g

That number of murders does sound a bit grimmer than the Four Tops seem to believe... :cry:
i'm in full rant mode - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUmq1cpcglQ
ShaunWhite

brimson25 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:41 pm
:D Ipanema's no better, but you do get the tall and tanned and young and lovely distractions.
ShaunWhite

sa7med wrote:
Let me know I've got some pals who could hook you up! East Side!
I hope there's nobody here from Inglewood, it could end badly ;)
SeaHorseRacing

Guys, so nobody gets into trouble. Trust me your get someone banging on your door for “hate crime”

Try and not say “Muslims” as they are people and criticise “Islam” instead (an ideology)

Just be careful. I know,I know it’s ridiculous but so true.
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:47 pm
:D Ipanema's no better, but you do get the tall and tanned and young and lovely distractions.
I'm sold!
Crazyskier

LeTiss wrote:

London is full of Mosques, it has a Muslim Mayor, and many don't like the way the city is descending into becoming something akin to Pakistan
Birmingham is also sadly full of mosques (some of which were Christian Churches!!!) and many parts of Birmingham are also like a street scene in Pakistan - no-go for Police after dark, no-go for traffic wardens too so cars parked all over double-yellows, all the women dressed like letter boxes and stares if you dare drive there as a white man, let alone walk there! I had a female colleague SPAT AT by a Muslim man (of which the entire neighbourhood of Sparkhill and Bordesley Green are full).

I feel very strong anger at what successive governments have done / allowed to happen with all the literally thousands of child abuse cases, which no-one dare challenge (in case of accusations of racism) as it's overwhelmingly Pakistanis committing the crimes.

The litter on the streets and abandoned bedding / furniture in the gardens or right outside the door, etc etc. No wonder there is no social cohesion as these people simply do not share our standards or values, unlike most Sikhs or Hindus and Indians generally, who seem to try to fit in and not insist that THEIR rights trump those of the Christians that built this green and pleasant land.That seems an exclusive characteristic of just one religion - Islam.

CS
Folanjo

Crazyskier wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:49 pm
LeTiss wrote:

London is full of Mosques, it has a Muslim Mayor, and many don't like the way the city is descending into becoming something akin to Pakistan
Birmingham is also sadly full of mosques (some of which were Christian Churches!!!) and many parts of Birmingham are also like a street scene in Pakistan - no-go for Police after dark, no-go for traffic wardens too so cars parked all over double-yellows, all the women dressed like letter boxes and stares if you dare drive there as a white man, let alone walk there! I had a female colleague SPAT AT by a Muslim man (of which the entire neighbourhood of Sparkhill and Bordesley Green are full).

I feel very strong anger at what successive governments have done / allowed to happen with all the literally thousands of child abuse cases, which no-one dare challenge (in case of accusations of racism) as it's overwhelmingly Pakistanis committing the crimes.

The litter on the streets and abandoned bedding / furniture in the gardens or right outside the door, etc etc. No wonder there is no social cohesion as these people simply do not share our standards or values, unlike most Sikhs or Hindus and Indians generally, who seem to try to fit in and not insist that THEIR rights trump those of the Christians that built this green and pleasant land.That seems an exclusive characteristic of just one religion - Islam.

CS
I grew up in Walthamstow, I hate the way the area has changed. I live just outside London and we are going to have to move again. It's changing and for what? So a few lefty liberals can feel good about themsleves while everyone else suffers the consequences of their actions. England is done. Can't see a way back.
MemphisFlash

Enoch Powell was right but nobody wanted to listen!!!!
Too Late now
boardrep

Loving Newcastle (the Tyne version),its cold on the wall but its safe apart from the white walkers that occasionally cross the border

Return to “General discussion”