Living in London

A place to discuss anything.
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:47 pm
:D Ipanema's no better, but you do get the tall and tanned and young and lovely distractions.
I'm sold!
Crazyskier

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:14 am

London is full of Mosques, it has a Muslim Mayor, and many don't like the way the city is descending into becoming something akin to Pakistan
Birmingham is also sadly full of mosques (some of which were Christian Churches!!!) and many parts of Birmingham are also like a street scene in Pakistan - no-go for Police after dark, no-go for traffic wardens too so cars parked all over double-yellows, all the women dressed like letter boxes and stares if you dare drive there as a white man, let alone walk there! I had a female colleague SPAT AT by a Muslim man (of which the entire neighbourhood of Sparkhill and Bordesley Green are full).

I feel very strong anger at what successive governments have done / allowed to happen with all the literally thousands of child abuse cases, which no-one dare challenge (in case of accusations of racism) as it's overwhelmingly Pakistanis committing the crimes.

The litter on the streets and abandoned bedding / furniture in the gardens or right outside the door, etc etc. No wonder there is no social cohesion as these people simply do not share our standards or values, unlike most Sikhs or Hindus and Indians generally, who seem to try to fit in and not insist that THEIR rights trump those of the Christians that built this green and pleasant land.That seems an exclusive characteristic of just one religion - Islam.

CS
Folanjo

Crazyskier wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:49 pm
LeTiss wrote:

London is full of Mosques, it has a Muslim Mayor, and many don't like the way the city is descending into becoming something akin to Pakistan
Birmingham is also sadly full of mosques (some of which were Christian Churches!!!) and many parts of Birmingham are also like a street scene in Pakistan - no-go for Police after dark, no-go for traffic wardens too so cars parked all over double-yellows, all the women dressed like letter boxes and stares if you dare drive there as a white man, let alone walk there! I had a female colleague SPAT AT by a Muslim man (of which the entire neighbourhood of Sparkhill and Bordesley Green are full).

I feel very strong anger at what successive governments have done / allowed to happen with all the literally thousands of child abuse cases, which no-one dare challenge (in case of accusations of racism) as it's overwhelmingly Pakistanis committing the crimes.

The litter on the streets and abandoned bedding / furniture in the gardens or right outside the door, etc etc. No wonder there is no social cohesion as these people simply do not share our standards or values, unlike most Sikhs or Hindus and Indians generally, who seem to try to fit in and not insist that THEIR rights trump those of the Christians that built this green and pleasant land.That seems an exclusive characteristic of just one religion - Islam.

CS
I grew up in Walthamstow, I hate the way the area has changed. I live just outside London and we are going to have to move again. It's changing and for what? So a few lefty liberals can feel good about themsleves while everyone else suffers the consequences of their actions. England is done. Can't see a way back.
MemphisFlash

Enoch Powell was right but nobody wanted to listen!!!!
Too Late now
boardrep

Loving Newcastle (the Tyne version),its cold on the wall but its safe apart from the white walkers that occasionally cross the border
BetScalper

....and they wonder why the far right and nationalism is rising higher now than it has since the 1980s.

There are allot of angry people/communities all over the UK.

We were never asked about immigration until it was too late.

Would be interesting too see how many would gladly leave these shores if they could.

Shame we can't just get on a boat for a new life in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, USA or the Moon.

Let's face it, anywhere would be better than here....
spreadbetting

Crazyskier wrote:
I had a female colleague SPAT AT by a Muslim man (of which the entire neighbourhood of Sparkhill and Bordesley Green are full).

CS
I wonder if any Muslim women have ever been SPAT at.

I used to live in Birmingham in the mid eighties and those places were dumps back then. Immigrants generally get housed in the crappiest housing and worst estates so it's an easy target to say the decay is down to them.
BetScalper

spreadbetting wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:25 pm
Crazyskier wrote:
I had a female colleague SPAT AT by a Muslim man (of which the entire neighbourhood of Sparkhill and Bordesley Green are full).

CS
I wonder if any Muslim women have ever been SPAT at.

I used to live in Birmingham in the mid eighties and those places were dumps back then. Immigrants generally get housed in the crappiest housing and worst estates so it's an easy target to say the decay is down to them.
They should feel lucky they got housed.

The waiting list in Brighton is 7 years for a council flat, if you meet the criteria. Average house price is £385,000 which is 12 times the average salary for the city.

Funny thing is there is mega illegal sub-letting going on and everyone seems to be turning a blind eye to it. North street looks like a slum with around 40 homeless people sleeping there each night in shop doorways. The further west you go in the city the more homeless you see. The sad thing is that a number of them that I have spoken to are ex forces, from various parts of the country.
superfrank

Lauren Southern, Brittany Pettibone, and Martin Sellner were recently detained and refused entry to the UK. They are Christian conservatives who simply speak about the folly of mass immigration and multiculturalism. The are not extremists and yet the home office / police are now so politically motivated they are happy to deny free speech to decent people who have committed no crime in order to prevent criticism of leftist dogma.

BBC - Why 3 anti-Islam activists were refused entry to the UK
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-43393035

Lauren Southern - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCla6AP ... eNLc8PYuvg
Brittany Pettibone - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCesrUK ... f7cnjQPdgQ
Martin Sellner - https://www.youtube.com/user/VlogIdentitaer

BetScalper

superfrank wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:41 pm
Lauren Southern, Brittany Pettibone, and Martin Sellner were recently detained and refused entry to the UK. They are Christian conservatives who simply speak about the folly of mass immigration and multiculturalism. The are not extremists and yet the home office / police are now so politically motivated they are happy to deny free speech to decent people who have committed no crime in order to prevent criticism of leftist dogma.

BBC - Why 3 anti-Islam activists were refused entry to the UK
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-43393035

Lauren Southern - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCla6AP ... eNLc8PYuvg
Brittany Pettibone - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCesrUK ... f7cnjQPdgQ
Martin Sellner - https://www.youtube.com/user/VlogIdentitaer

It would seem that the powers that be are trying to brain wash everyone into all holding hands and dancing around a tree.

Next they will be putting something in the water supply....
Cards37

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:05 pm
Cards37 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:18 am
Over here we all scratch our heads at Brexit and it seems like the height of insanity - eclipsed only by the Americans electing Trump.
How would you feel if your government said ... Hey great news, we have decided to form an alliance with New Zealand, Polynesia (and others from the South Pacific), it going to be called The SPA. The SPA will be run in part by elected MP's from all countries and in part by Appointees of those countries. Each unelected Appointee will be given an area of government to manage and will set policy (so an unelected Samoan could be responsible for setting out Australia's agricultural policy). Also if an Australian Court gives a final ruling on a legal matter the losing party could appeal to unelected judges within The SPA who could overrule the Australian Court decision and reverse it. The SPA would also have the power to tell the Australian government what laws they have to enact and what laws they cannot enact. Australia will not be able to negotiate it's own trade agreements around the world, these will be negotiated by The SPA and will be binding upon Australia. ... now which is the height of insanity, Brexit or Australia giving away it's ability to govern itself?

As for Trump ... what has he done wrong?

Bandwagon jumping has become a fashionable pastime. If you are not on the latest fashionable bandwagon you are seen as a pariah and a Philistine
Nothing to do with bandwagon jumping, its about forming opinions on information available. I take your point on the "SPA" issue, that part of the argument is rarely highlighted here. However, to some extent, this has already happened. All our separate colonies federated in 1901 to become states and territories in one nation. The federal government now has exactly that power to tell states what to do (as set out in the constitution). I imagine in 1901 there were many people against it but 117 years later its a successful arrangement. It can and does happen successfully.

As for the Trump comment - where do I start?
firlandsfarm

Cards37 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:19 am
Nothing to do with bandwagon jumping
The UK is full of anti this, anti that bandwagon jumping ... and the media join in because they don't want to take a different line to their readers so it's self fuelling
Cards37 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:19 am
As for the Trump comment - where do I start?
This is one of the most popular bandwagons ... Trump is criticised here for doing what he said he would do and what he was elected to do ... and yet they complain when a politician breaks electioneering promises. They only want politicians to tell the truth if it's their kind of truth! And some of the criticism is so biased it's unbelieveable. He is criticised for doing what Obama was applauded for saying they should do, he is criticised for what Clinton (Bill) was applauded for saying they should do! That's bandwagon jumping ... Trump said it so I must be the first to criticise him.

Taking your historical thoughts on my imaginary SPA ... your 'states' formed into a country (as did the tribes form states/counties/provences before that and they also went on to form countries) and now the EU is forming the countries into a single governed continent and regional trade agreements around the world are following suit. Slowly slowly catchee monkey, you bring countries under a single governement first by starting with a trade agreement and then moving on to saying "to make this work better we need a central controlling administration" (the EU have done it). So why stop there, why not have a world controlling administration ... total world domination!
Trader Pat

This thread is a fascinating but scary read at the same time :shock:
SeaHorseRacing

Seems I’m not the only one...
invisiblelayer

Crazyskier wrote:
LeTiss wrote:

CS
Some right slum area's in Brum where its predominately Muslims, few years ago had to travel through near the Winson Green prison area on our way to pick up a pup. Literally like we'd just been transported into some third world war torn sh1thole, just an absolute shambles everywhere.

Return to “General discussion”