Bookies betfair etc

A place to discuss anything.
StellaBot

Can someone plz explain to why
1. eg deposit £100
play about with that money and won say 300

try to withdraw
eg betfair message says you ae trying to withdraw more than deposited?????
money laundering etc

Contacted customer services
"deposit a little bit in new card" was advice

Tried that

money laundering etc

any advice plz?

edit
it concerns cards not working or lost and cancelled
Derek27

It's known as a closed-loop policy. When you use a source (bank, card, paypal, etc) to deposit money, you cannot withdraw money to any other source until you've withdrawn the amount you deposited back to the original source.
StellaBot

Thanks Derek
I think Ive got it now
so all my cards (not cancelled but chip not working eg) linked to same account
The initial advice from online betfair was deposit small amount on new card and withdraw what you want.
Deposited 10 tried to withdraw 1000....money laundering etc....maximum you can withdraw is 10.
Withdrew 1000 on old card (not cancelled or in use) that doesnt work in machines because cant read chip.
Derek27

I had the same problem when I was arbing and depositing more than I was withdrawing. Just withdraw money to whatever card you can, and then transfer the money to the bank whose card you want to use, then deposit to Betfair.
jimibt

i had a similar issue when my debit card expired. even tho the replacement was with the same bank, i had to go thro a huge rigmarole with betfair in order to shuffle funds around onto the new card. am slightly nervous as i think a similar expiry is looming next year :D
LeTiss

I've had problems with their closed loop policy before.

It's amazing how strongly they enforce this, yet seem to turn a blind eye when a fraudster empties your account
spreadbetting

LeTiss wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:10 pm

It's amazing how strongly they enforce this, yet seem to turn a blind eye when a fraudster empties your account
+100000

Return to “General discussion”