Full time traders do you have this fear/phobia?

A place to discuss anything.
cyxstudio

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:16 pm
How longs a long losing streak to you?
if a losing streak wipes off a months profit that is bad enough for me. I will feel that i have wasted my time and my time could be better spent doing something else.
Dallas wrote:

Could you live off your last 6mths earning from trading or come close to it if you have only been able to trade PT so far?
when i mean collapse i mean collapsed physiologically. You feel like there is no way to beat the market and stuff.
Derek27

cyxstudio wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:47 pm
if a losing streak wipes off a months profit that is bad enough for me. I will feel that i have wasted my time and my time could be better spent doing something else.
Do you make a profit overall?

A losing month isn't a waste of time if you've made a worthwhile profit over the last six or so months. Losses are the cost of winning.

In fact, even if somebody tries trading and loses I wouldn't call it a waste of time. A lot will have been learnt, and as they say, nothing ventured nothing gained.
cyxstudio

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:55 pm
cyxstudio wrote:
Do you make a profit overall?

A losing month isn't a waste of time if you've made a worthwhile profit over the last six or so months. Losses are the cost of winning.

In fact, even if somebody tries trading and loses I wouldn't call it a waste of time. A lot will have been learnt, and as they say, nothing ventured nothing gained.
well yes. otherwise i wont even think of going FT.
Dallas

cyxstudio wrote:

Dallas wrote:

Could you live off your last 6mths earning from trading or come close to it if you have only been able to trade PT so far?
when i mean collapse i mean collapsed physiologically. You feel like there is no way to beat the market and stuff.
I think you have just answered your question yourself

Any thoughts along these lines and I wouldn't recommend you going full-time at the moment

Return to “General discussion”