Does life begin at 40?

A place to discuss anything.
brimson25

I'm due to find out today. Perhaps those of you who have passed this milestone can advise?

Scenario 1: I become a ninja trader. I'm calmer, happier, healthier. My beer belly fits more easily into the same postcode as the rest of me.

Scenario 2: None of the above. I diminish, mentally and physically at an accelerating rate. There is hair where none should be; and no hair where it should be.

Scenario 3: Some of 1 and some of 2?
jimibt

or, scenario 3: opt for gender reassignment, sell all your treasured worldly chattels, travel the globe as a new age evangilist and marvel at how you escaped the life of a mundane trader -lol

scenario 4 is too scary to put in print!! - tho i have a feeling you're gonna see it!!
CallumPerry

Could just change your forum alias slightly and be known as Crimson (aged 25). And with a name like Crimson I think we all know what kind of girl she will be ;) Enjoy Thailand. Keep in touch!
iambic_pentameter

Jimibt - reading your scenario 3 made me laugh - not in itself a bad thing but at the time, I had a mouthful of tea!

Something I discovered at 40 was meditation and I've found it very helpful in a number of areas in my life.

Happy Birthday OP
brimson25

jimibt wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:15 am
or, scenario 3: opt for gender reassignment, sell all your treasured worldly chattels, travel the globe as a new age evangilist and marvel at how you escaped the life of a mundane trader -lol

scenario 4 is too scary to put in print!! - tho i have a feeling you're gonna see it!!
:o

I just need to align my chakras and then I'll get the cleaver and start chopping!
brimson25

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:47 am
Jimibt - reading your scenario 3 made me laugh - not in itself a bad thing but at the time, I had a mouthful of tea!

Something I discovered at 40 was meditation and I've found it very helpful in a number of areas in my life.

Happy Birthday OP
Cheers! Sorry about your tea.

I could do with a bit of meditation, will look into it.
spreadbetting

Doesn't begin but certainly doesn't end , happy birthday :D

I started looking at the buddhist zen type stuff as I got older and certainly worth a look at meditation etc just to make sense of your new 40 year old wisdom. Helps with the trading too as you start to care more about the things that matter and less about the things that don't.
Derek27

Happy 40th Brimstone. :D

Life ends at 40 if your a sportsman, but it begins at 40 if you just trade sport. Lets face it, you couldn't trade on Betfair when you were 20!
Last edited by Derek27 on Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas

Happy Birthday Brimson hope its a good day for you
LeTiss

My hair is growing out of my ears at an alarming rate.
My pubes have gone grey.
When I get out of bed, it feels like my hips need WD40.
I get increasingly angry at trivial things, like teenagers who don't know the difference between lose and loose.
After 3 pints I'm starting to feel bloated.
I've started to enjoy Escape to the Country.
I'm always thinking twice about farting in public, in case it might be something more substantial.

However, I'm still enjoying life.......and I can still get an erection without medical assistance!

Have a good one, Brimson 8-)
PeterLe

Thats about the time I had my midlife crisis! Got divorced, bought a sports car and a motorbike, discovered internet dating..all in all, a bloody good time!!
15 years later Happily settled down again, but enjoyed the ride whilst it lasted!
Happy Birthday! Enjoy it ! :-)
jimibt

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:11 pm
My hair is growing out of my ears at an alarming rate.
My pubes have gone grey.
When I get out of bed, it feels like my hips need WD40.
I get increasingly angry at trivial things, like teenagers who don't know the difference between lose and loose.
After 3 pints I'm starting to feel bloated.
I've started to enjoy Escape to the Country.
I'm always thinking twice about farting in public, in case it might be something more substantial.

However, I'm still enjoying life.......and I can still get an erection without medical assistance!

Have a good one, Brimson 8-)
...that's more like it :) - so yeah, enjoy the b'day today, as you may well need to invest in one soon by the sounds of things...
JTEDL

^ agree with most of that apart from the greyy pubes bit

'age is nothing but a number' have to agree with that too (I'm 46)
ShaunWhite

I only count adult years.
It's not fair to start counting while you're still not cooked. That way I'm in my mid 30's which feels about right.

Happy 22nd Birthday ! :)
foxwood

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:56 pm
I only count adult years.
It's not fair to start counting while you're still not cooked. That way I'm in my mid 30's which feels about right.

Happy 22nd Birthday ! :)
Like that :D

And then, later, there's mid-life years (whenever that is) followed by pension years - eternal youth :lol:

Return to “General discussion”