Betfair Tourism

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

zweistein wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:46 pm
And I walk with my laptop from office to apartment around midnight :)
That does sound a bit like the guys who snipe winners at 1.01....Don't worry, it'll never go wrong. ;)

I'm not being a prophet of doom but complacency often precedes regret.
Kafkaesque

zweistein wrote:
I am now located in mexico almost a week and I am almost certain already that I will never come back to Europe. The mexican people are nicest people in the world, they are genuine and happy. The beaches and atmosphere is amazing. The food is great. Everything is cheap as fuck... Too bad Mexico has such a bad reputation. I don't know if this is true for central Mexico, but on Quintana Roo area I wasn't scared at all. And I walk with my laptop from office to apartment around midnight :)
Unless the women are ugly as f*** and the drinks taste like s***, then shut up while the rest of us have to look at fall drizzle outside :x

Nah, sounds wonderful. Do enjoy :P
ShaunWhite

Kafkaesque wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:59 pm
zweistein wrote:
The mexican people are nicest people in the world, they are genuine and happy.
Nah, sounds wonderful. Do enjoy :P
Yep, the world is full of kind welcoming people. It's just a shame they don't always get the same treatment when they come to do some work here.
Wouldn't it be great if they said "The British people are nicest people in the world", unlikely though init.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:34 pm

Yep, the world is full of kind welcoming people. It's just a shame they don't always get the same treatment when they come to do some work here.
Wouldn't it be great if they said "The British people are nicest people in the world", unlikely though init.
People who spend six months working here won't, but most of us bend over backwards to help tourists holidaying over here. I'd like to think they go home thinking we're nice. :)
Derek27

Fuck me!!!

Took my eyes of the market just to type that post, when back to the market - 20 tick profit! :D
Kafkaesque

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:13 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:34 pm

People who spend six months working here won't, but most of us bend over backwards to help tourists holidaying over here. I'd like to think they go home thinking we're nice. :)
Hmm, having done both - the latter many, many times over - I'd disagree. I tend to leave short trips wondering, what happened to the brilliant Brits, I got to know during longer stays - in generic terms of course. My friends didn't go missing out of nowherere. I just don't get the same positive impression by some distance, as is the case once you get to know people a bit better.

Also, there's a world of difference between bending over backwards to be helpful and the sincere, heartfelt "welcome to our corner of the World feeling" you get in some places around the world. The come have a cup of ..... with me, meet my family, and tell me about yourself thing.
zweistein

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:12 pm
zweistein wrote:
And I walk with my laptop from office to apartment around midnight :)
That does sound a bit like the guys who snipe winners at 1.01....Don't worry, it'll never go wrong. ;)

I'm not being a prophet of doom but complacency often precedes regret.
Lol, this is actually good comparison :) but that comparison is good in general for walking with laptop arounnd at night, not just mexico :)
Euler

Where are you exactly in the Yucatan peninsula are you located? I'm guessing on the NE Coast?

I once had a fab experience at Xcaret. But there are loads of places to visit inland or on the coast which is full of old Mayan ruins and stuff which can be a great way to chill. Though I did crash a Jeep once when I got a bit enthusiastic on a minor road through the Jungle.
LeTiss

Euler wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:52 am
Where are you exactly in the Yucatan peninsula are you located? I'm guessing on the NE Coast?

I once had a fab experience at Xcaret. But there are loads of places to visit inland or on the coast which is full of old Mayan ruins and stuff which can be a great way to chill. Though I did crash a Jeep once when I got a bit enthusiastic on a minor road through the Jungle.
You remind me of the 1970's kiddies show 'Mr Benn' - this really unassuming, ordinary looking bloke, going on these extraordinary adventures in life :lol:
Tenable

LeTiss wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:56 am
Euler wrote:

You remind me of the 1970's kiddies show 'Mr Benn' - this really unassuming, ordinary looking bloke, going on these extraordinary adventures in life :lol:
that does bring back memories,,
Derek27

I think the full set is available on YouTube. I watched the zookeeper episode recently. :)
ShaunWhite

LeTiss wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:56 am
Euler wrote:
Though I did crash a Jeep once when I got a bit enthusiastic on a minor road through the Jungle.
Mr Benn or Mr Bean? I think you'll find that Mr Benn would have been a most excellent driver & explorer, you won't find him crashing. :)

By the way LeTiss that 'extraordinary adventure' is called a 'holiday', you should try it. It was Mexico not the moon.

No disrespect intended Peter, I'm just teasing LeTiss for gassing you :lol:
PDC

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:48 pm
By the way LeTiss that 'extraordinary adventure' is called a 'holiday', you should try it. It was Mexico not the moon.

No disrespect intended Peter, I'm just teasing LeTiss for gassing you :lol:
:lol:

I did think the same, Thomas Cook isn't the only place you can book a holiday ;)
zweistein

Hey guys. After couple of months in Mexico I am reporting that I am still alive 😁

Going to Mexico was the best decision I made (but I made a lot bad decisions before that so this isn't big accomplishment, haha). I will stay for even longer. I trade US sports (NBA and NFL), so I don't need to sleep during day anymore. The weather is great, the food is amazing. People are generally not obsessed with money, the life feels easier and happier here. And the money go further here because everything is cheap...

Ask if you want to know anything about that topic
And I wish a lot of green color to everyone! 🤑
arbitrage16

Nice bro. Whereabouts are you in Mexico? Give us an idea of a day in the life.

Surfing and girls, details on these would also be appreciated :)

Return to “General discussion”