Betfair Tourism

A place to discuss anything.
durs712

Going to Mexico was the best choice I made (yet I settled on a ton of terrible choices before that so this is anything but a major achievement, haha). I will remain for considerably more. I exchange US sports (NBA and NFL), so I don't have to rest during the day any longer. The climate is extraordinary, the nourishment is stunning.

I am additionally wanting to move to an area where the climate is fine everywhere throughout the year and Mexico looks extraordinary.
zweistein

Hello trading brothers. It is been few years now since my last post and I am interested in repeating digital nomad trader lifestyle. If someone is interested joining, please contact me (for all budgets), I am thinking to go to Brazil or Mexico (or other interesting country) soon, I don't have timeline yet

It would be amazing if we create similar minded community who live as digital nomads, do fun activities together, support each other, build discipline, visit gym, meet local girls, create unforgettable memories in this boring world of world while making money.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kai

zweistein wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:05 pm
It would be amazing if we create similar minded community who live as digital nomads, do fun activities together, support each other, build discipline, visit gym, meet local girls, create unforgettable memories in this boring world of world while making money.
That does sound amazing but I think people are too busy discussing politics in the countless politics threads to notice your post :)

Lovely to see a digital nomad though, if you've done more than turn trading into a boring job and aren't glued to the ladders all day I have nothing but respect for you 👍
ShaunWhite

Kai wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:35 pm
zweistein wrote:
That does sound amazing but I think people are too busy discussing politics in the countless politics threads to notice your post :)
:D haha yeah sharing a job doesn't necessarily mean there's ANY other common ground. Even 30yrs ago I'd have thought the ' visit gym and build discipline' sounded like utter hell. I'm probably out of touch but I thought the Venn diagram of 'single no kids' +"free-wheeling free-spirit' + 'sports mad bread-head' was pretty small,

It sounds like you want the life of a quant, passive income and do whatever you want all day, with whoever you want. That can be anything from sex drugs and cars, to working in a refugee camp.

But if you think you can make it work then go for it, the memories you build in your early years are all you have when the last years arrive. You will be amazed how fast it goes from looking forward to looking back.

Be careful you don't turn those unforgettable memories with unbelievable local girls into unforgettable offspring though. You might not be able to leave :?
Kai

Heh, it's rather ironic, isn't it :)

Many traders meticulously comb through the markets in search of trading opportunities, yet they tend to miss the broader opportunities that trading as a whole presents.
Kai

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:39 pm
Even 30yrs ago I'd have thought the ' visit gym and build discipline' sounded like utter hell.
Can be hell without the right soundtrack :)

It's really not a bad idea to build some discipline before you start getting winded putting on socks, or before a bowel movement becomes a postworthy highlight of your day ;)
zweistein

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:39 pm
Kai wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:35 pm
zweistein wrote:
:D haha yeah sharing a job doesn't necessarily mean there's ANY other common ground. Even 30yrs ago I'd have thought the ' visit gym and build discipline' sounded like utter hell. I'm probably out of touch but I thought the Venn diagram of 'single no kids' +"free-wheeling free-spirit' + 'sports mad bread-head' was pretty small,

It sounds like you want the life of a quant, passive income and do whatever you want all day, with whoever you want. That can be anything from sex drugs and cars, to working in a refugee camp.

But if you think you can make it work then go for it, the memories you build in your early years are all you have when the last years arrive. You will be amazed how fast it goes from looking forward to looking back.

Be careful you don't turn those unforgettable memories with unbelievable local girls into unforgettable offspring though. You might not be able to leave :?
A man with self-discipline won't put himself in a situations where he can't control his own life decisions anymore
ShaunWhite

zweistein wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:35 pm
A man with self-discipline won't put himself in a situations where he can't control his own life decisions anymore
Why not, in Eastern phylosphy self control and not fighting against the wind often go hand in hand. Taoism for instance. Besides work is for control and life is the release from that otherwise you become 1 dimensional.

But your assumption there is that your decisions will have a better than random outcome. ;) I'm very disciplined and have made a lot of great things happen, but i've also made some very deeply considered fuck ups and some of my best outcomes have been the result of pure chance. After 50 plus years trying to control life who knows what's the best way.

I'm just debating for sport really zweistein, nothing too heavy. I'm just jealous because 40yrs ago I'd have been there....if we'd had Internet in 1983 obv. Back then a digital nomad was just a guy with wandering hands.

Return to “General discussion”