What is the natural progression once you've found success trading one sport? In my case, horse racing...

A place to discuss anything.
arbitrage16

I understand the PR and IR horse racing markets to the extent that I can extract profit from most races. Taken me a long time, but grateful for the journey.

Now I am looking to expand what sports and markets I can trade, and would like to pick something else up. Suppose what I'm looking for is something that complements horse racing - certainly from a time perspective, but what would also be nice is if there are some market synergies that mean I'm not having to go from zero again, as I did when first beginning to trade the horses.

No doubt other people have been through this, so any shared experiences of adding strings to one's bow I'd welcome.
Dallas

From what you've said I guess Greyhounds would be the best suited, plenty of them between 10am-10pm even through winter.
Obviously not as liquid as horse racing but with the sheer number of races a day you don't need much from each to mount up a decent return
arbitrage16

Interesting. Is that something that is best suited to automation? I had a first look at greyhounds yesterday and they seemed very volatile from the little I observed
Dallas

arbitrage16 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:48 am
Interesting. Is that something that is best suited to automation? I had a first look at greyhounds yesterday and they seemed very volatile from the little I observed
If you wanted to do the full day or most of it then yes Automation would be the way to go, it would be very hard to keep a level of concentration race after race for the full day

But if you're just dipping your toe in to pass sometime / ease into another type of market they are ideal due to the timing and quantity
I'll often do them manually if I've got an hour or two spare

Return to “General discussion”