Best Price Execution

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

Does anyone know why BF have thought it necessary to do this? And why would anyone change the default, which is the better choice....so it's not like they're hoping to catch a people out who don't select it?

Could it be something to do with exchange regulation changes?

Hi,

The Best Price Execution feature enables customers to get matched at the best available odds on the Exchange.

With the Best Price Execution feature switched on, if better odds are available, or become available, after you have placed your bet request, your bet will automatically be matched at the improved odds.

However, if the Best Price Execution feature is switched off, your bet will not be matched if better odds are available, or become available, after you have placed your bet request. Instead your bet request will lapse and you will be required to resubmit your bet at the improved odds.

The Best Price Execution feature is switched on by default for all customers and this is Betfair’s recommended setting. However, if you would like to disable the Best Price Execution feature, there is a toggle that allows you to switch it off at any time. On desktop, you can find the toggle by navigating to the “Betting” tab from the “Settings” menu. On mobile, you can find the toggle by going to “Settings” from the A-Z menu and then selecting “Best Price Execution”.

By continuing to use the Betfair Exchange, you agree that the Best Price Execution feature will be switched on by default.

Regards,

Betfair

Paddy Power Betfair
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:01 pm
Does anyone know why BF have thought it necessary to do this? And why would anyone change the default, which is the better choice....so it's not like they're hoping to catch a people out who don't select it?

Could it be something to do with exchange regulation changes?

Hi,

The Best Price Execution feature enables customers to get matched at the best available odds on the Exchange.

With the Best Price Execution feature switched on, if better odds are available, or become available, after you have placed your bet request, your bet will automatically be matched at the improved odds.

However, if the Best Price Execution feature is switched off, your bet will not be matched if better odds are available, or become available, after you have placed your bet request. Instead your bet request will lapse and you will be required to resubmit your bet at the improved odds.

The Best Price Execution feature is switched on by default for all customers and this is Betfair’s recommended setting. However, if you would like to disable the Best Price Execution feature, there is a toggle that allows you to switch it off at any time. On desktop, you can find the toggle by navigating to the “Betting” tab from the “Settings” menu. On mobile, you can find the toggle by going to “Settings” from the A-Z menu and then selecting “Best Price Execution”.

By continuing to use the Betfair Exchange, you agree that the Best Price Execution feature will be switched on by default.

Regards,

Betfair

Paddy Power Betfair
I just assumed the gambling regs prevent betting operators from giving the customer a different price to the one asked for but didn't make an exemption for a higher price - I've noticed bookies sometimes ask you to confirm if you still want to place a bet even when the price has changed to your advantage.

If that is the case I reckon a 12-year-old could have done a better job of drafting the regulations!
Euler

Betdaq sent out a similar notice recently, so I guess it's a regulatory thing.
Euler

Curiously, I get no messages from Betfair at all on anything.
spreadbetting

Euler wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:17 pm
Curiously, I get no messages from Betfair at all on anything.
Have you switched off all marketing preferences on the web My Details page? Might be that, I only have sports ticked under the "Keep me informed about the following Betfair products: " and receive the updates only no spammy type stuff.

Return to “General discussion”