Trading Diet — what do you consume?

A place to discuss anything.
eightbo

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:48 pm
Fruit scones with cup(s) of tea. (does that count as one of the 5 a day?)

Whilst trading I keep things light, more comfort food (as above). Main meal (when trading complete), avoid red meat overall.
Yes. But I would advise discussing it with your GP as 5 cups of tea each day seems excessive.
jimibt

forgot to mention, i'd also advise *trying* to drink a few litres of water each day, spread across 8-10 hours. good for keeping alert and keeping hunger at bay. i have a sistema 75cl bottle which i refill at least twice daily.
stueytrader

mobius wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:59 am

Foodwise - fig rolls - (cheap biscuits) - taste great dipped in black coffee AND just for you Stueytrader it sure sorts out the constipation :shock:
:lol: might give those a try too, ta!
Tuco

I gave up adding sugar a year last June having been a sugar-holic for all my life - on 10 June 2017 I ran out of sugar one night and just said, "that's it, I'm not adding sugar to anything anymore."

Sadly though I do still drink tea and coffee, my enjoyment of them is nothing like it was, so I generally drink water whilst trading or sometimes cordial.

Whilst trading I've also started having a plate of 2 sliced up apples - washed, quartered, de-pipped and cut up into small slices (4 slices per quarter) is very pleasant and means 32 slices to ease through whilst trading :)
Trader Pat

If I need a pick me up during trading I usually go the music route, positive frame of mind and not a single calorie!
LeTiss

When I went self-employed, I put on a stack of weight - I have a real weakness for biscuits...........I'd happily get through a whole packet during an afternoon trading session. I started chewing gum to stop me snacking, and found it was actually brilliant for keeping my mind concentrated. I lost 3 stone in weight, but now chew gum during trading sessions all the time
Trader Pat

LeTiss wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:17 am
When I went self-employed, I put on a stack of weight - I have a real weakness for biscuits...........I'd happily get through a whole packet during an afternoon trading session. I started chewing gum to stop me snacking, and found it was actually brilliant for keeping my mind concentrated. I lost 3 stone in weight, but now chew gum during trading sessions all the time
Mmm Jaffa Cakes ;)
Tuco

custard creams dipped in sweet tea - I miss those days :(
jimibt

Tuco wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:48 pm
custard creams dipped in sweet tea - I miss those days :(
sneaking home at 3:00am - i miss THOSE days - lol
LeTiss

Oh my days.......Jaffa Cakes and Custard Creams :P

I don't even buy these things anymore, they'd never last 2 days in the cupboard
CallumPerry

For the whole of January I have cut out chocolate as it is an addiction of mine (and I don't take that word lightly), I could happily get through a slab of DairyMilk a day and was doing. 29 days clean but today is my birthday so I've gone a little mad. I am now dizzy, feeling sick, hyper and tired all at the same time and in about 30 minutes I am going to watch Wolves in the snow :lol: :lol:

I am aware this is completely my own fault but I can't control myself. The rest of the time I eat quite clean as I'm training for a half marathon in March. Cereal in the morning, a bit of bread at dinner (non the rest of the day), fruit and Actimel. Then in the evening I have a good mix of meat, plenty of greens and salad with any meal that permits the mix. Conscious of salt. Trading snacks usually just involve my dinner's fruit and post January too much chocolate which I will regret and moan about but not learn from.

One complaint I have of the forum. How come when I logged in today I didn't have a tacky little cake emoji next to my name or anything?? Tut tut tut, not feeling the love! Quarter of a century into life and feeling at least twice that today :lol:
Dallas

CallumPerry wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:22 pm

One complaint I have of the forum. How come when I logged in today I didn't have a tacky little cake emoji next to my name or anything?? Tut tut tut, not feeling the love! Quarter of a century into life and feeling at least twice that today :lol:
It didn't go totally unnoticed :)
Bday.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eightbo

CallumPerry wrote:
How come when I logged in today I didn't have a tacky little cake emoji next to my name or anything??
happy birthday mate, same age as me now.
+1 to cake emoji idea.
good luck with the running — don't increase too much too soon. (just got into running and made that mistake myself)
CallumPerry

Dallas :lol: That's cool, what page is that on? I retract half of my complaint but I still want a cake emoji! Congrats on 10,000 posts too. You have excelled into a higher plane of being now, enjoy life as an official ArchAngel!
eightbo wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:19 pm
CallumPerry wrote:
How come when I logged in today I didn't have a tacky little cake emoji next to my name or anything??
+1 to cake emoji idea.
good luck with the running — don't increase too much too soon. (just got into running and made that mistake myself)
Cheers eightbo! I made the same mistake and injured my knee, taken me a few months to get steady again - now with a restraint as I run. Found out the hard way not to run long distance on concrete straight away down a steep hill. Literally did everything wrong :lol: Diet helps though and just makes me feel more alert and have more energy so this is a worthwhile thread. I believe life style choices REALLY help/hinder you a lot so every trader should consider what they do with their bodies as their minds make the money.
Dallas

CallumPerry wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:46 pm
Dallas :lol: That's cool, what page is that on? I retract half of my complaint but I still want a cake emoji! Congrats on 10,000 posts too. You have excelled into a higher plane of being now, enjoy life as an official ArchAngel!
eightbo wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:19 pm
CallumPerry wrote:
+1 to cake emoji idea.
Cheers eightbo! I made the same mistake and injured my knee, taken me a few months to get steady again - now with a restraint as I run. Found out the hard way not to run long distance on concrete straight away down a steep hill. Literally did everything wrong :lol: Diet helps though and just makes me feel more alert and have more energy so this is a worthwhile thread. I believe life style choices REALLY help/hinder you a lot so every trader should consider what they do with their bodies as their minds make the money.
Thanks, next target is 25k :)

For your Birthday notification if you click on the 'Index' link then scroll to the bottom of the page its just below 'who's online' etc - you'll need to be quick it'll be gone in an hour

Return to “General discussion”