Trading Diet — what do you consume?

A place to discuss anything.
CallumPerry

For the whole of January I have cut out chocolate as it is an addiction of mine (and I don't take that word lightly), I could happily get through a slab of DairyMilk a day and was doing. 29 days clean but today is my birthday so I've gone a little mad. I am now dizzy, feeling sick, hyper and tired all at the same time and in about 30 minutes I am going to watch Wolves in the snow :lol: :lol:

I am aware this is completely my own fault but I can't control myself. The rest of the time I eat quite clean as I'm training for a half marathon in March. Cereal in the morning, a bit of bread at dinner (non the rest of the day), fruit and Actimel. Then in the evening I have a good mix of meat, plenty of greens and salad with any meal that permits the mix. Conscious of salt. Trading snacks usually just involve my dinner's fruit and post January too much chocolate which I will regret and moan about but not learn from.

One complaint I have of the forum. How come when I logged in today I didn't have a tacky little cake emoji next to my name or anything?? Tut tut tut, not feeling the love! Quarter of a century into life and feeling at least twice that today :lol:
Dallas

CallumPerry wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:22 pm

One complaint I have of the forum. How come when I logged in today I didn't have a tacky little cake emoji next to my name or anything?? Tut tut tut, not feeling the love! Quarter of a century into life and feeling at least twice that today :lol:
It didn't go totally unnoticed :)
Bday.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eightbo

CallumPerry wrote:
How come when I logged in today I didn't have a tacky little cake emoji next to my name or anything??
happy birthday mate, same age as me now.
+1 to cake emoji idea.
good luck with the running — don't increase too much too soon. (just got into running and made that mistake myself)
CallumPerry

Dallas :lol: That's cool, what page is that on? I retract half of my complaint but I still want a cake emoji! Congrats on 10,000 posts too. You have excelled into a higher plane of being now, enjoy life as an official ArchAngel!
eightbo wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:19 pm
CallumPerry wrote:
How come when I logged in today I didn't have a tacky little cake emoji next to my name or anything??
+1 to cake emoji idea.
good luck with the running — don't increase too much too soon. (just got into running and made that mistake myself)
Cheers eightbo! I made the same mistake and injured my knee, taken me a few months to get steady again - now with a restraint as I run. Found out the hard way not to run long distance on concrete straight away down a steep hill. Literally did everything wrong :lol: Diet helps though and just makes me feel more alert and have more energy so this is a worthwhile thread. I believe life style choices REALLY help/hinder you a lot so every trader should consider what they do with their bodies as their minds make the money.
Dallas

CallumPerry wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:46 pm
Dallas :lol: That's cool, what page is that on? I retract half of my complaint but I still want a cake emoji! Congrats on 10,000 posts too. You have excelled into a higher plane of being now, enjoy life as an official ArchAngel!
eightbo wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:19 pm
CallumPerry wrote:
+1 to cake emoji idea.
Cheers eightbo! I made the same mistake and injured my knee, taken me a few months to get steady again - now with a restraint as I run. Found out the hard way not to run long distance on concrete straight away down a steep hill. Literally did everything wrong :lol: Diet helps though and just makes me feel more alert and have more energy so this is a worthwhile thread. I believe life style choices REALLY help/hinder you a lot so every trader should consider what they do with their bodies as their minds make the money.
Thanks, next target is 25k :)

For your Birthday notification if you click on the 'Index' link then scroll to the bottom of the page its just below 'who's online' etc - you'll need to be quick it'll be gone in an hour
ShaunWhite

CallumPerry wrote:
Quarter of a century into life and feeling at least twice that today :lol:
Oh boo hoo. It's a good day when I wake up feeling 2x25.
:D
Happy birthday Callum.
eightbo

CallumPerry wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:46 pm
oh dear, that's exactly what I was trying to warn you of! Went out for what would've been my longest ever run, ended up doing over double the intended distance. As you say it's about lifestyle, the reason I started was to condition the idea of accepting discomfort [to aid with accepting losses on here], so I considered it a success even though in retrospect it wasn't very sensible.
eightbo

Had a look at Paleo and seems too problematic for my nutritional requirements so will be staying on a whatever diet but will play around with meal timings such as leaving heavy carb-meals for after the trading session. Been having a protein shake and a banana often mid-session as it's quick/easy but feel it may be contributing to drowsiness. I've also noticed milk p-shakes are worse in that regard than h2o varients.
CallumPerry

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:00 pm
CallumPerry wrote:
Quarter of a century into life and feeling at least twice that today :lol:
Oh boo hoo. It's a good day when I wake up feeling 2x25.
:D
Happy birthday Callum.
Thank you Shaun!

Ohh Eightbo, I'll have to pm you to talk running when I get chance, interested to hear your advice :) I get what you mean with doing exercise to condition against discomfort and therefore taking on phycological discomfort better too. Completely agree.
bennyboy351

Sad to say, my major trading diet - I only trade at weekends at present - is beer! :-) This can work for me or against me, I just have to keep an eye on the amount of 'fuel' I take on and not let it take me into the 'Red Mist' zone too deeply, or too often!

As for this age thing; I dunno, all you youngsters on here, whinging about being in your 20's etc, wait until you get to MY age! (61 -62 in March) :lol:
stueytrader

bennyboy351 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:58 pm
Sad to say, my major trading diet - I only trade at weekends at present - is beer! :-) This can work for me or against me, I just have to keep an eye on the amount of 'fuel' I take on and not let it take me into the 'Red Mist' zone too deeply, or too often!
You'll be facing Le Tiss' wrath with that one benny! One of his golden rules mentioned on here. :o

Must admit I also drink, though try to avoid too much mixing with the actual trading...
Euler

My diet has gradually got much better over time. But I lapse now and again depending on how busy I am. I find if I can keep control of my diary and time management my diet improves. But it's often really dull. Salads, soups and variants thereof.

However, the thing that has made a huge difference to me is exercise. I've managed to exercise at least 30 minutes a day, every day for nearly three years now and it really focuses your mind and gets you headed in the right direction. It takes a lot of discipline but it's worth it.
eightbo

Euler wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:10 pm
I find if I can keep control of my diary and time management my diet improves.
Took me far too long to realise this didn't say "dairy".
ShaunWhite

Please disregard my worthy post earlier. My carer has gone for a few days with her mum and what I actually seem to eat is croissants dipped in coffee, pizza and crisps. And who knew it, so does the dog!

Do Terry's chocolate oranges count as fruit?
eightbo

Shaun your consumption habits aren't relevant as you don't trade manually.
Just kidding. Maybe you do trade manually...

Return to “General discussion”