Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:46 pm
WB.PNG
but it would be fun trying to! :D
ruthlessimon

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:59 pm
Euler wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:25 am
Be greedy when people are fearful and fearful when people are greedy.
Its interesting that I've heard these quotes but never took the time to fully understand them.. I've taken them at face value. I think this thread is important to me because of perception.. I'm a lazy thinker, thanks for reply and I will take the time to go further than face value 😁
Remember it applies in two contexts

1. Over reaction
2. Under reaction

The perfect trader is attacking both biases

Also part 2 isnt really talked about; but it's just as important. Currently, my entire trading is based around under reactions. People are being slow (fearful) to react to new information
jamesg46

ruthlessimon wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:23 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:59 pm
Euler wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:25 am
Be greedy when people are fearful and fearful when people are greedy.
Its interesting that I've heard these quotes but never took the time to fully understand them.. I've taken them at face value. I think this thread is important to me because of perception.. I'm a lazy thinker, thanks for reply and I will take the time to go further than face value 😁
Remember it applies in two contexts

1. Over reaction
2. Under reaction

The perfect trader is attacking both biases

Also part 2 isnt really talked about; but it's just as important. Currently, my entire trading is based around under reactions. People are being slow (fearful) to react to new information
Funny, reading this just after reading Peter's thought for the week. Strange how people are scared or slow to act. Defo going to keep this in mind (to monitor my bahaviour)
MemphisFlash

"For every market there is a strategy,
and for every strategy there is a market."
Emmson

" It's more the persistance of WOM that you need to focus on. "

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4645
jamesg46

MemphisFlash wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:37 pm
This is by far my favourite!!! I'm not sure where the original quote comes from but Peter mentions it with purpose... it's the foundation to a building. Brilliant quote imo.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:55 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:28 pm
The most useful quote anyone could give to me but it still would fall on deaf ears, is, a stitch in time saves nine.
This is very interesting because I have no idea what it means and this is defo something i was after (there is some other good quotes too) that people have posted... this one though is gonna take me some time to figure out... thank you!
You must be a lot younger than me ‒ it's a very old quote that was used a lot when I was young. :)
Euler

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:44 am
MemphisFlash wrote:
This is by far my favourite!!! I'm not sure where the original quote comes from but Peter mentions it with purpose... it's the foundation to a building. Brilliant quote imo.
I didn't mention that as a quote as it came from me. I don't know in my dusty memory banks if I borrowed it from somebody in part or whole, but I used it in my very first presentation on sporting markets back in 2004. It just made put sense to me and it sort of stuck and has been trotted out regularly since then.

Your role as a trader isn't necessarily to predict the future, just to recognise how you can exploit what could happen. Then look for clues it's about to happen and position yourself ahead of it.
Derek27

MemphisFlash wrote:
That's 100% true, provided not getting involved in a market counts as a strategy, or extremely low liquid events don't count as markets. 8-)
Emmson

That is too vague, doesn't do anything for me whatsoever, Euler has posted many pears of wisdom on here where he is specific. Like the bottom of page 1 here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14491
Dallas

Emmson wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:21 pm

That is too vague, doesn't do anything for me whatsoever, Euler has posted many pears of wisdom on here where he is specific. Like the bottom of page 1 here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14491
I remember that thread well, and its well worth a read for anyone who's not seen it
The gist is the guy who Initially asked the question still lost money as he couldn't follow those basic instructions from Euler while numerous other people spotted the thread, followed the instructions and made money by the end of the night, even posting charts!.

It's a very good example of how an edge/strategy could be given to someone and if they don't have the right mindset/psychology they can still make a loss from it.

Return to “General discussion”