2 rules file on one race

A place to discuss anything.
Banthorpe

Hiya All

I have to sererate automations rules files. One for Backtolays and one for Laytobacks. If I have two selections in one race one of each, is it possibe to have two rules files on one race and if so how do I put them on the same race

Many Thanks
Dallas

Just put the two rules into one file
Banthorpe

Oh Yeah That was obvious Many Thanks Its not easy being abit thick
ShaunWhite

Or you could run two BAs and have one automation file running on each. Remembering that they'll both be seeing things like the same number of bets & pl etc as they're using the same BF account.

Don't worry about being a bit thick Banthorpe...it's very on-trend these days :)

...but your humility and self-deprecating sense of humour somehow makes me think it's not entirely true. It usually the case that the less people, know the more confident they are about their abilities.
carravin

Looking for suggetions!
finding autoamtion a little DIFFICULT!
using shared fiiles as a start point seems to confuse not simplify!(must be me),everything so simple in my head
have requested costs by writers for help,either in automation or excel whichever(quicker),i hesitate to say easier,although for someone who knows or understands or can write it would be!
i do feel i'll need help as otherwise is going to take longer than i'd hoped!
other than youtube seems logical and as easy as i'd have thought or shared files,where it starts to get a little more difficult and don't know why! writing seems more complex than peters logical style!
how much brain works!
so...
is ther any literature or other way of learning! or rec's to help,
much obliged in advcance!
and a great day to all!
firlandsfarm

carravin wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:10 pm
is ther any literature or other way of learning! or rec's to help,
much obliged in advcance!
and a great day to all!
Search/Scan the Forum posts and use Practice Mode a lot, just experiment, try things and you may pick up something we haven't yet discovered! :) Also beware of one ruleset affecting another when using multiple rules so use Signals and Stored Values to help differentiate actions on rulesets or open a different instance of BA for each ruleset (but then any rule report produced will overwrite another report for the same race) so consider not just running multiple instances but also multiple installs. I set up a new Install for each practice rule to make sure when analysing the returns they are only from that ruleset but even with multiple installs you can still get overlap for example a Number of Unmatched Bets condition will be influenced by any unmatched bets from another install/instance/rule! It really does take practice and to start just do one experiment at a time so you don't get confused by any interplay. But finally remember practice Mode is not a full 100% reflection of the real world. For instance your money in the real market will have an effect on that market but not so in practice mode and two rules that eached worked perfectly in Practice Mode may overlap in Live Mode because Practice Modes are stand alone and one ruleset cannot see what another ruleset is doing because there is no connector between them but in Live Mode the Market becomes the connector! Best of luck. :)

Return to “General discussion”