Anyone trading from a restricted country or ISP?

A place to discuss anything.
Kai

proba wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:13 pm
Hello,
another fellow Croatian here. Quite out of my mind (not good for trading purposes) to see that any moment now years and years of education and hard work might go down the drain. Oh yeah and majority of my income in life.
My ISP will block Betfair in the upcoming days, I withdraw almost all my money and now I'm trying to find a short term solution. That probably means until(if) Betfair decide to close my account. In that short term I would like to try and avoid jeopardizing the longer future term of my account as moving to another country is possible but I would need to buy at least a few months of time. Most of the people are telling me just to use VPN and everything will be ok but VPS option sounds better to me. At least on paper. I don't have any experience with it.
Any suggestions (especially those based on the first hand experience) are more then welcome.
Thank you.
p.s. alternatively I could just set up gofund me page and you can feel free to help me continue my lavish traders livingstyle entwined with illicit substances and young (but legal) female companions.
I gotchu fam. Check PM.
thecodfather

Im british and living in thailand. With betangel i dont even need a VPN. Geekstoy i did need a VPN, not sure how long this will last for but seems to be working fine.

I dont have a fixed UK adress anymore too. its linked to an adresss i lived at 12 years ago and still, no problems.

Worse case, you fly to UK for a while. Rent and create a UK bank account.........

Remember that we will be leaving the EU very soon so id act quick if this is the case :)
Kai

thecodfather wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:54 pm
Im british and living in thailand.
Sounds like you're doing it right :mrgreen:

Are you the trader that Peter mentioned earlier in the thread? Either way, sounds like you potentially have a good story to tell so feel free to share some of it, I'm sure a lot of Brits would love to hear about how you ended up in Thailand :)
Jammwone

A lot of betting websites seemed to be banned in Southeast Asia. Betfair wasn't available for me in Vietnam.
thecodfather

Are you the trader that Peter mentioned earlier in the thread? Either way, sounds like you potentially have a good story to tell so feel free to share some of it, I'm sure a lot of Brits would love to hear about how you ended up in Thailand :)
[/quote]

Bit of a long story but i used to be a dj and travel a bit. then bought some shares in a club in Thailand. so kind of made a base here from years ago. Made the big move a few years later after getting a little bored with UK and recessions ect.

Started full time trading this year but been on and off since 2002. Thinking of leaving Thailand soon though, not sure where to go yet but my current visa is running out quickly.

https://twitter.com/TheCodFather10 my twitter :)
Kai

2002?! You must have started when you were 12! :D I think during that time I was too busy trying to decide which Spice Girl I wanted to marry and which pimple to pop.

I'm already fascinated by your story, takes a lot of courage to leave everything and everyone behind :) Thanks for sharing.

Return to “General discussion”