Nice trading quote

A place to discuss anything.
Euler

Fortunate then that my trading doesn't rely on luck, just good old fashioned hard work.
Golfer

"Fortunate then that my trading doesn't rely on luck, just good old fashioned hard work."

P.Webb (2014)
Zenyatta

Euler wrote:Fortunate then that my trading doesn't rely on luck, just good old fashioned hard work.
:lol:
Iron

'I often trade the favourite as this is usually where the action is. If there is no opposition it will steam, if there is opposition it may drift. But if there is opposition AND it is still coming in, then this means to resist this opposition people really want to back it. Once it breaks the will of whichever runner(s) that are opposing it, then it usually really motors.'
Wyndon

Does anybody seriously believe that Peter is either fabricating his profits or that it's all down to luck? I'm reminded of forums that criticise racing as being bent through and through and yet those same people continue to bet on it. If Peter can't make a profit, neither can you - forget it and save your money.
Iron

Not that I'm aware of, but there will always be conspiracy theorists...

Jeff
Wyndon wrote:Does anybody seriously believe that Peter is either fabricating his profits or that it's all down to luck? If Peter can't make a profit, neither can you - forget it and save your money.
oscar123

If there is no opposition it will steam, if there is opposition it may drift.

Wow, mind blowing insight.
Iron

And to think Peter accuses me of negativity! :lol:

It might not occur to all traders to look at what Horses B and C are doing when assessing what Horse A might do next.

Obviously, you're an ultra-advanced trader to whom that kind of observation is a statement of the ridiculously obvious. I am honoured to be in the presence of greatness. :lol:

Jeff
oscar123 wrote:If there is no opposition it will steam, if there is opposition it may drift.

Naffman

oscar123 wrote:If there is no opposition it will steam, if there is opposition it may drift.

I seriously don't get what is being said here. Is there a typo in there because it doesn't make any sense.
Euler

Wyndon wrote:Does anybody seriously believe that Peter is either fabricating his profits or that it's all down to luck? I'm reminded of forums that criticise racing as being bent through and through and yet those same people continue to bet on it. If Peter can't make a profit, neither can you - forget it and save your money.
I took the opportunity during the ambassador campaign to post up some nice totals, trades and other stuff under the spotlight and scrutiny of Betfair. So I'm hoping any doubt was put to bed once and for all during that campaign. I felt it was a good chance to do that.
Iron

Naffman wrote: I seriously don't get what is being said here. Is there a typo in there because it doesn't make any sense.
I think what he's saying is that a steamer will carry on steaming unless there is money coming in for other horses, which may cause it to stop steaming (at least temporarily).

I think the gist of the quote overall is that, if a steamner hits support because other horses are being backed, but breaks through that support, then it will steam in heavily.

It's an observation you can probably use to make money, if you apply it correctly. :)

Jeff
Euler

Can we keep this thread on topic and discuss strategies or discussion on them elsewhere.
Naffman

Thanks Jeff.
oscar123

"Dont bother putting in the long hours working hard and doing your own research, just spend all your time trolling other successful traders on internet forums and expect them to give you their secrets, edges, and the results of their hard labour for nothing."
Last edited by oscar123 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iron

Peter

Since you edited a post I wrote yesterday to remove the name of the author of the quote (even though it was correct), could you please edit the post below to remove the name of the 'author', as he wrote no such thing?

It's an out and out lie.

Jeff
oscar123 wrote:"Dont bother putting in the long hours working hard and doing your own research, just spend all your time trolling other successful traders on internet forums and expect them to give you their secrets, edges, and the results of their hard labour for nothing."

Ferru.

Return to “General discussion”