Motivation from other Trader's blogs and P&Ls.

A place to discuss anything.
Euler

Going into the last day of Cheltenham, I've got a shot at a clean sweep on Betdaq

2017-03-16_17-48-57 - Copy.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
iambic_pentameter

Euler wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:31 pm
Going into the last day of Cheltenham, I've got a shot at a clean sweep on Betdaq

2017-03-16_17-48-57 - Copy.png
Good work, Euler.

I don't suppose you know of any bookies I can have a bet on you completing the clean sweep do you?
:)
PeterLe

Well Icant beat Peter's result (and no doubt your Betfair account was significantly higher!)
The attached is all automation; I havent clicked a single ladder today
Worth having a play around with the Automation in Betangel, if you are using streaming, test and double test before you let it loose (suggest never backing or laying at the avail price in streaming mode)
Its a powerful piece of kit now betangel :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LeTiss

Excellent work PeterLe

I'd be interested to know what your average %SR is?

I get the impression you stomach a number of small losses, in order to hammer out a big return when it arrives
Dallas

I'll 2nd Letiss in that's a superb set of result well done mate.

Should maybe rename this thread 'Motivation from other traders blogs and PL' :D
PeterLe

Morning Letiss/Dallas,
Spot on; a very low strike rate. Its a bit like fishing. I set the rod up in a morning and then let it do its thing. It never get tired, I do my day job!
As long as it's in profit at the end of the month, Ill take what ever it gives me. If ever I get to the point where I start to lose money on betfair; I will pull the plug immediately.
I actually stopped watching it these days as when I saw a large green screen, i was always tempted to green up manually
When I analysed it over three months, I found that had I just left it running and not intervened, it would have returned more profit
Its more to encourage others to take a look at automation if they havent tried it already. The only thing I would reiterate is be very careful if you are in play and streaming, check and double check your conditions; exposure etc.
Regards
Peter
Niko

If I could get any of my automation to do just a tenth of that I would be very happily retired!!!
LeTiss

PeterLe wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:18 am
Spot on; a very low strike rate. Its a bit like fishing. I set the rod up in a morning and then let it do its thing. It never get tired, I do my day job!
As long as it's in profit at the end of the month, Ill take what ever it gives me.
You're a good example to many struggling traders, who constantly fall into the death trap.........chasing losers and letting red screens go IP.

The name of the game is to make money over time, not to necessarily make money on every single market you get involved in.

Good work fella
iambic_pentameter

Superb result, PeterLe

Although my focus is manually trading the pre-race markets, I think this serves as an excellent example of what is possible if you put the hours in.
Samo154

PeterLe wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:29 pm
Well Icant beat Peter's result (and no doubt your Betfair account was significantly higher!)
Worth having a play around with the Automation in Betangel, if you are using streaming, test and double test before you let it loose (suggest never backing or laying at the avail price in streaming mode)
Great results, your pure inspiration to a small time auto user like me! What's the quickest fill/kill you use?
PeterLe

Hi
The fill/Kill varies enormously from 0.2 right up to 30 secs. I would rec that you dont go below this in streaming as it will fire in multiple bets
Just had a good win at DownR 13:50, as no doubt LinusP will have too :D
(2 traded at 1.01)

Just one tip, when you have multiple rules per horse, you can adjust your stake to identify which rule triggered etc...
Eg Rule 1 may fire in £2.01, Rule 2 £2.02, rule 3 £2.03 etc.
At the end of the day it helps provide clarity on what's working and what isnt..
Regards
Peter
ricardodeano

PeterLe wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:29 pm
Hi Peter - Was this accumulative result just from Cheltenham or all races for the 16th?
HRacing

PeterLe wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:05 pm
Hi
The fill/Kill varies enormously from 0.2 right up to 30 secs. I would rec that you dont go below this in streaming as it will fire in multiple bets
Just had a good win at DownR 13:50, as no doubt LinusP will have too :D
(2 traded at 1.01)

Just one tip, when you have multiple rules per horse, you can adjust your stake to identify which rule triggered etc...
Eg Rule 1 may fire in £2.01, Rule 2 £2.02, rule 3 £2.03 etc.
At the end of the day it helps provide clarity on what's working and what isnt..
Regards
Peter
Peter,

Would it be possible to pm you?

Regards
Euler

Always a bit self-conscious of posting bigger results when I know some people have had a tricky day. But I thought today was interesting, purely because of the above average money at Lingfield. Some big volume today, much bigger than I imagined and you can see that in the results.

14-04-2017 17-34-16 - Copy.png
ruthlessimon

I think id give both my bollocks, a leg, kidney & some other bits - in exchange for some of that lingfield knowledge :D great trading!

Return to “General discussion”